PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox the movie

Skunk
2006-02-16, 17:48
http://nytimes.feedroom.com/?fr_story=637507e401b3a2abd8fbe72c0f385393edd942f2

Sorry if it's been posted, I did search.. I haven't been able to read the Times review, but I found this accompanying video.

JJZolx
2006-02-16, 18:14
Did you catch the zinger?

"Using the cheap and non-illuminated remote..."

Skunk
2006-02-16, 20:30
Did you catch the zinger?

"Using the cheap and non-illuminated remote..."

Yes, but I don't value his opinion on form as much as function. When he was saying 'music collection', I was thinking 'boat painting collection'.

jasenj1
2006-02-17, 05:30
Interesting that the little video implies that Pandora and Squeezebox are linked somehow. Isn't the Pandora plugin just something a third party made available? i.e. No legal relationship to Slim Devices.

Otherwise, nice to see it get an enthusiastic review from Mr. Pogue.

- Jasen.

Michaelwagner
2006-02-17, 07:43
Where did the white remote come from? I have a white SB3 but it has a black remote ... did I somehow get the wrong one?

radish
2006-02-17, 08:17
The white SB3's were supposed to come with white remotes.

Interesting that the little video implies that Pandora and Squeezebox are linked somehow. Isn't the Pandora plugin just something a third party made available? i.e. No legal relationship to Slim Devices.
There is no Pandora plugin, Slim are officially adding support for Pandora to SqueezeNetwork, and the two seem to have some kind of cross marketing deal going on.

Michaelwagner
2006-02-17, 10:24
I do have quite a number of squeezeboxen lying about, so I might well have just picked up another remote and left the one in the box by mistake, but I *think* I would have noticed a white remote. .... or else I'm more asleep than I thought ....

EnochLight
2006-02-17, 22:39
I was glad to see a video review of the SB; I feel it doesn't get enough promotion "out there". But...

David Pogue annoys me, and worse yet - this particular review was dirtied by a crappy English accent. I was embarrassed for him. It made me want to club him like a baby seal.

ceejay
2006-02-18, 00:20
this particular review was dirtied by a crappy English accent ... It made me want to club him like a baby seal.

Well, it's just as well that this is a text-based forum and doesn't feature audio recordings of the posters ... or the English amongst us might not have a long life expectancy! :)

Ceejay
(and, no, I don't sound quite like that, at least I don't think I do...)

EnochLight
2006-02-18, 00:32
(and, no, I don't sound quite like that, at least I don't think I do...)

LOL - I'm sure you don't. And you have to admit: David Pogue's impression was as bad as Kevin Costner's "Robin Hood".

;-)

Philippe SCHMUCK
2006-02-18, 01:37
Latest build (6.5.b1) on my iMac Intel does not work :
1) in the Server Setting view, I am not able to choose any item (like
Behavior, Debugging, ...) in the list : nothing happends
2) the Server does not find my Music and because of 1) I do not know
what to do or what to check or which debug option to turn on !

Any idea or any need of the log file ?
I really need to make this work !!!

crapulent
2006-02-18, 01:49
Is that your real name? Don't even know if Slim has a Universal binary of
Slimserver, or if there would need to be one ... I don't know much of
anything.

On 2/18/06, Philippe SCHMUCK <philippe.schmuck (AT) wanadoo (DOT) fr> wrote:
>
> Latest build (6.5.b1) on my iMac Intel does not work :
> 1) in the Server Setting view, I am not able to choose any item (like
> Behavior, Debugging, ...) in the list : nothing happends
> 2) the Server does not find my Music and because of 1) I do not know
> what to do or what to check or which debug option to turn on !
>
> Any idea or any need of the log file ?
> I really need to make this work !!!
>
>

ceejay
2006-02-18, 02:10
Latest build (6.5.b1) on my iMac Intel does not work :
1) in the Server Setting view, I am not able to choose any item (like
Behavior, Debugging, ...) in the list : nothing happends
2) the Server does not find my Music and because of 1) I do not know
what to do or what to check or which debug option to turn on !

Any idea or any need of the log file ?
I really need to make this work !!!

Phillippe

First, please don't pay attention to crapulent's reply, which has to be the least helpful I've seen here for a long time... perhaps he's has a long night or something...

Second, not sure if you meant to hijack an existing thread but it would have been better to start a new one (New Thread rather than Post Reply)

Third, have a look at the following thread: it looks like this is not quite ready yet. It might be best to pick up the discussion over on that thread...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20710&highlight=intel

Lastly, unless you have a good reason to be using 6.5, you might be better to start with 6.2.2 as it is more stable.

HTH
Ceejay

Michaelwagner
2006-02-18, 06:44
the English amongst us might not have a long life expectancy! :)
Or perhaps a longer life expectancy ... all the exercise running away from from club-huggers. :-)

ceejay
2006-02-18, 14:58
Or perhaps a longer life expectancy ... all the exercise running away from from club-huggers. :-)

Nahhh... I decided a long time ago that exercise is bad for me, that's why I delegate it to my kids...

Ceejay