PDA

View Full Version : Connect to SqueezeNetwork remotely

stevek1006
2006-02-16, 05:43
Is there any way to connect and disconnect a Squeezebox to the SqueezeNetwork remotely? I know that you can control a connected SqueezeBox using http://squeezenetwork.com/userHome. My Squeezeboxes are in the basement connected to a whole house system, so I would like to be able to connect and disconnect from a remote computer.

Thanks,
-Steve

dmeyer
2006-03-12, 08:59
I have the same type of setup - a Squeezebox2 located in another building which streams music through a "multi-zone/building" audio system. Is there any way to connect and disconnect a Squeezebox2 to the SqueezeNetwork through the web?

Thanks,
Dave

Mark Lanctot
2006-03-12, 10:20
Once a player is connected to SqueezeNetwork, you can turn it on and off remotely, but you can't remotely connect it in the first place.

There is an enhancement in place to have the Squeezebox automatically connect to SqueezeNetwork if SlimServer goes offline:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2262

dmeyer
2006-03-13, 21:25
Using a Squeezebox2 the scenario that I would like to be able to duplicate from remote (through a web browser) is the following:
1) play MP3's from SlimServer
2) attach to SqueezeNetwork, stream some music
3) go back to playing MP3's
4) attach to SqueezeNetwork, stream some music
5) etc.

I haven't been able to figure a way to accomplish the above switching between modes from remote / web ..... seems you must use the IR remote to switch between modes. Or is there another way?

Dave

Mark Lanctot
2006-03-14, 20:52
I haven't been able to figure a way to accomplish the above switching between modes from remote / web ..... seems you must use the IR remote to switch between modes. Or is there another way?

Nope, that's the way. Vote for the enhancement.

Slim Devices has stated that they eventually want SqueezeNetwork to integrate seamlessly into SlimServer. Keep in mind SqueezeNetwork is a little over a year old. Early days yet.

twylie
2006-03-16, 11:04
I have the same type of setup - a Squeezebox2 located in another building which streams music through a "multi-zone/building" audio system. Is there any way to connect and disconnect a Squeezebox2 to the SqueezeNetwork through the web?

Thanks,
Dave

I'm in the same boat here - using a Sonance DAB1 to handle multi-zone audio throughout the house. My workaround is going to be to buy an additional SB3 and leave it connected to Squeezenetwork with my primary SB3 dedicated to playback off of slimserver. I'd much prefer the flexibility of using either service off either device.

Edit: the Sonance has 4 separate sources so Slimserver will be input 3 and Squeezenetwork will be input 4 in my setup. I know spending another $200+ isn't a great solution, but I can repurpose the additional SB3 if needed. I also like the idea of being able to have 2 streams off of slimserver in different parts of the house, depending on need.