PDA

View Full Version : Musicmagic Mixer on OSX question

Jungle
2006-02-15, 11:39
Sorry if this is on FAQs etc but I'm trying without success to get MusicMagic Mixer to run on a Mac Mini running Slimserver 6.2 on OSX (Tiger). I can get MMM running and Slimserver also runs quite happily controlling two Squeezeboxes but I can't get the two to communicate. When I go into preferences in MMM, Slimserver doesn't show as an available service. In other postings both here and on the Slimdevices site, it suggests ensuring that the API in MMM is enabled but I can't see any way of doing this in version 1.5 of MMM. Possibly as a result of this, I can't see SlimServer in the list of services in the preferences section.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

kdf
2006-02-15, 11:50
Quoting Jungle <Jungle.23aa0b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction?

MMM should list as services, three items. One is API, another TIVO
and I forget the third. These are only available if you have
registered either by paying the fee for a permanent license, or
requested a temporary license. Only when that is enabled will
slimserver be able to see or communicate with MMM
-k

Jungle
2006-02-16, 05:51
MMM should list as services, three items. One is API, another TIVO and I forget the third. These are only available if you have registered either by paying the fee for a permanent license, or requested a temporary license. Only when that is enabled will slimserver be able to see or communicate with MMM
-k

Thanks - with this help, and with help from MMM tech support, all is now working.