PDA

View Full Version : Softsqueeze

talleyrand
2006-02-15, 10:31
Hi I'm new to this and I'm having what appear from the forums to be pretty familiar issues with sync'ing softsqueeze.

i'm running x2 SB2s which sync with each other fine. I'm also running softsqueeze on both a desktop (wired ethernet) and a laptop (over WAP). Softsqueeze is consistently 0.5 - 2 seconds ahead of the SB2s.

Anyone got any tips? Its not a latency problem with Java as softsqueeze is AHEAD of both the laptop over the wireless and the desktop which is hard-wired into the router.

I've got the most recent versions of softsqueeze, SB2 firmware and the Java MP3 plugin all running. I've tried pretty much everything on the Softsqueeze website. I can usually get the softsqueeze computers to sync. I can get the SB2's to sync pretty much perfectly. But what I can't do is make them all come together!

Anyone got any ideas of what might be causing the problem?

Many thanks in advance

Talleyrand

mattybain
2006-02-15, 11:22
Have you tried using squeezeslave http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20799 and seeing if it makes a difference?

talleyrand
2006-02-18, 04:52
Thanks - tried that, but simply running it as an .exe brings up an error message in the DOS command prompt.

Tried the new version of softsqueeze as well - no better.

SB2's are now ahead of softsqueeze though ...

Anyone with any other ideas (including how I should be getting squeezeslave to work)?

Thanks

Talleyrand