PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to SqueezeNetwork

riman1
2006-02-13, 22:14
Hi,

I have set up the the SqueezeBox (3) successfully (wireless) but cannot connect to SqueezeNetwork for some reason. Is there any port forwarding I need to enable on my wireless router in order to connect?

Appreciate any pointers!

Thanks,

radish
2006-02-13, 23:06
Try 3483 & 9000, both directions, tcp & udp.

riman1
2006-02-14, 01:33
Hi,

I used a static IP Address on the SB and I am now able to connect to SqueezeNetwork.

Any known issues with using DHCP?

Also, another unrelated question. I ordered the SB on Friday and got it Monday (yesterday). But the Information display on the box states it is SB2. I thought the newer ones were SB3?

andyg
2006-02-14, 07:02
Hi,

I used a static IP Address on the SB and I am now able to connect to SqueezeNetwork.

Any known issues with using DHCP?

Only if your DHCP server doesn't provide a valid DNS server. The SB needs DNS to look up the address for the SN server.

Also, another unrelated question. I ordered the SB on Friday and got it Monday (yesterday). But the Information display on the box states it is SB2. I thought the newer ones were SB3?

Do you mean the text that says "Squeezebox v2/3"? Just take a look at the picture on the home page if you're not sure you have a 3. :)

riman1
2006-02-14, 15:37
Thanks Andy.

I am a bit puzzled because my desktop PC (Win XP) is also wirelessly connected to the same wireless router and I was able to ping to the SqueezeNetwork site from the Desktop. But the SB3 refused to connect (it got an IP address in the same range as the Desktop) and the DNS server was the same in both cases.

Anyway it is working now with static IP address and the same DNS address as before.

MM