PDA

View Full Version : SB2 and SqueezeNetwork

Grimm
2006-02-13, 14:29
As an older SB2 owner who recently dusted off and reconnected my squeezebox I wondering why the Squeezebox Network is for SB3 only.

Oh and the new slimserver is much less troublesome then earlier versions.

andyg
2006-02-13, 14:37
SqueezeNetwork is available for both SB2 and SB3 owners. :)

Grimm
2006-02-13, 14:43
Is it?

My SB2 seems not to think so because when I try to login to the squeezenetwork I get this message on my SB2 "Sorry, requires a newer Squeezebox." (After upgrading firmware manually 2x and adding the SBnetwork to my menus in settings).

andyg
2006-02-13, 14:52
What version of SlimServer are you running?

Grimm
2006-02-13, 14:55
6.2.1 Does SN require a more recent version?

Dan Sully
2006-02-13, 14:57
* Grimm shaped the electrons to say...

>My SB2 seems not to think so because when I try to login to the
>squeezenetwork I get this message on my SB2 "Sorry, requires a newer
>Squeezebox." (After upgrading firmware manually 2x and adding the
>SBnetwork to my menus in settings).

Sounds like you have an SB1. What does the label on the bottom of the unit say?

-D
--
Adobe Photoshop - When you want the truth. Real bad.

Grimm
2006-02-13, 15:15
Well unless slimdevices screwed me I did buy a SB2, in fact the SB3 was released 2 months after my purchase which sort of pissed me off at the time.

The bottom label says "Model: Squeezebox" its a wireless version.

Grimm
2006-02-13, 16:11
Rebooted everything as that usually fixes most everything ;) Still same message. Any ideas?

Dan Sully
2006-02-13, 16:26
* Grimm shaped the electrons to say...

>Well unless slimdevices screwed me I did buy a SB2, in fact the SB3 was
>released 2 months after my purchase which sort of pissed me off at the
>time.
>
>The bottom label says "Model: Squeezebox" its a wireless version.

That's a SB1.

The SB2 will say so on the bottom: Squeezebox2

-D
--
It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Grimm
2006-02-13, 16:47
Thanks for the info, after having the SB in the attic for a few months I must have lost my mind :)

I should have pursued trying to return and upgrade my SB to the SB2 as many people did who had just bought the SB when SB2 was first introduced, but after 3 unanswered emails I gave up. Oh well, would have been nice to have the ability to listen to internet radio witout my server running.

jkouns
2006-02-25, 21:52
Thanks for the info, after having the SB in the attic for a few months I must have lost my mind :)

I should have pursued trying to return and upgrade my SB to the SB2 as many people did who had just bought the SB when SB2 was first introduced, but after 3 unanswered emails I gave up. Oh well, would have been nice to have the ability to listen to internet radio witout my server running.

Well... I just came across this thread after having problems figuring out how to log into the Squeezenetwork. It appears that I have the same exact issue (supposed to have a Wireless SB2 but says Squeezebox on device). However, I was never aware that I was not shipped the proper model or this was a known issue. I have sent an email to support asking for clarification on what has happened.

dean
2006-02-26, 16:15
All Squeezebox2 and Squeezebox v3 players say "Squeezebox" on the screen when they power up (and have the latest firmware).

The label on the bottom is the easiest/best way to tell what kind of player you have. It'll say one of these things:

Squeezebox
Squeezebox2
Squeezebox v3

It's possible you were shipped the wrong player, but I've never heard of this happening. If you bought it directly from Slim Devices, forward your email confirmation to sales@slimdevices.com along with the MAC address printed on the bottom of the player and we'll figure out what happened.