PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver stops...

pablolie
2006-02-12, 19:22
I'm noticing 2 annoyging things that make Slimserver stop, and consequently will have the SB trying to reconnect (without hope, until one manually restarts Slimserver, of course):

(1) One right click too many -> if, from the browse music folder etc I right click down to the song, start it, and then right click again... it's over

(2) If it comes across a reference to a sing that was downloaded and protected (.wav from Microsoft Music)... it's over

I should not my music is in MP3s, and in (1) they are not copy-protected, utterly legally acquired etc etc - there is nothing extraordinary about it. I find it odd that simply right-clicking one time too many would have the servier stop. This is 6.2.x with FW 29.

ceejay
2006-02-13, 01:05
I'm noticing 2 annoyging things that make Slimserver stop, and consequently will have the SB trying to reconnect (without hope, until one manually restarts Slimserver, of course):

(1) One right click too many -> if, from the browse music folder etc I right click down to the song, start it, and then right click again... it's over

(2) If it comes across a reference to a sing that was downloaded and protected (.wav from Microsoft Music)... it's over

I should not my music is in MP3s, and in (1) they are not copy-protected, utterly legally acquired etc etc - there is nothing extraordinary about it. I find it odd that simply right-clicking one time too many would have the servier stop. This is 6.2.x with FW 29.

Well, they sound like real bugs that need to be hunted down! Note that this will only happen if you report them in Bugzilla - this forum doesn't count for that purpose, though it is a good place to gather info ahead of reporting.

I did try to reproduce your first one, crash when pressing right too many times while playing from BMF, and couldn't. Which exact server version are you using (bottom of the Server Settings page - mine for example is 6.2.2 - 5549 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252)?

Perhaps some other folk with varying versions can try this out and help narrow down this issue.

I don't have any downloaded protected music so couldn't try the second one (are they really .WAV files??? seems like an odd extension).

HTH

Ceejay

kdf
2006-02-13, 03:10
Quoting ceejay <ceejay.235ric (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> Well, they sound like real bugs that need to be hunted down! Note that
> this will only happen if you report them in Bugzilla - this forum
> doesn't count for that purpose, though it is a good place to gather
> info ahead of reporting.
>
also be aware that simply saying "it's over" is not going to bring the
fixes any sooner. Look for, and report any mesages that you find in