PDA

View Full Version : Any where in the bay area,have the SB 3?

ourbail
2006-02-11, 11:11
I just came across the Slim Device product line while seaching some DAP sites and like the sound and idea of the Sqeeze box,is there anywhere in the S.F bay area where i can check out the goods of the Sb3,Century Stereo,Forum members,,etc,from what i read ,im on the fence,and ready to jump,but would love to take a look at one first hand...

seanadams
2006-02-11, 11:26
I just came across the Slim Device product line while seaching some DAP sites and like the sound and idea of the Sqeeze box,is there anywhere in the S.F bay area where i can check out the goods of the Sb3,Century Stereo,Forum members,,etc,from what i read ,im on the fence,and ready to jump,but would love to take a look at one first hand...

You can get a demo and buy one if you like at our office in Mountain View, but please call ahead first.

http://www.slimdevices.com/au_company.html

MrC
2006-02-11, 11:32

I'm not sure where exactly in the Bay Area you are, nor know of any retailers that carry/sell the SB3. I'm sure there are also many forum members nearby that would be happy to give you a demo.

Perhaps easier yet, just order it, use it, see if you like it, and if not, send it back within 30 days and you'll get a refund.

ourbail
2006-02-11, 13:16
Well im in the East bay,Fremont,exactly,im surprised that no retailers sell the product.would love to see a demo,might have to make a trip to Mountain view,thou i guess i could also buy and return it,but like i said would prefer to see it before hand.

snarlydwarf
2006-02-11, 13:21
well, while you wait, download and install slimserver and play with softsqueeze, which is a pretty good squeezebox emulator (though it looks more like an sb2 than an sb3... the controls are the same).

you will have to pretend the picture of the remote on the screen is real and that the sound is coming from a real amp and speakers instead of the tinny things you probably have on your pc. :)

ourbail
2006-02-11, 13:28
Good tip,SnarlyDwarf,i will do that and test the waters.

Marc
2006-02-13, 00:01
ourbail wrote:
>is there anywhere
>in the S.F bay area where i can check out the goods of the Sb3

You might try Mac Pro in Campbell. When I was shopping for my SB1, they
had them and were able to demo it for me. Not sure whether they have the
SB3, but it's worth a phone call.

Marc