PDA

View Full Version : Squeezbox / SqueezeNetwork Problem

niels
2006-02-11, 04:37
Hi,

since the Squeezebox firmware Update yesterday, my Squeezebox is unable to log into the SqueezeNetwork without a running Slimserver in the network. The firmware update has lots of more bugs. The Squeezebox is reacts *very* slowly to the infrared control. In addition the firmware update freezes my Squeezebox several times!

I tried to update the firware again by holding down the brightness button when the Squeezebox connects to the SqueezeNetwork. It doesn't work. Either the squeezebox freezes again or an error message occur.

To everyone reading this: refrain from updating Squeezebox software (at least in the moment).

Regards,
Niels

MeridianMan
2006-02-11, 08:47
Updating the SB3 firmware was the only way I could get it to work for me, but it's acting oddly.

I still get the error message stating I need to reset the SB3 MAC address. If I turn the SB3 OFF in this condition, then turn it back ON, I can connect.

jon01
2006-02-11, 14:07
I have the same problem with one of two Squeezeboxes I just bought. Error connecting to SqueezeNetwork telling me to contact support to get a new Mac address. I turned it on/off. It put me through the Squeezenetwork connection process and I'm connected again.

MeridianMan
2006-02-11, 20:44
This is getting weirder. I have done both resets (pressing 1 & turning on and pressing Brightness and turning on). I still getthe MAC address message when trying to connect to SN. I turn it off and then on, and it connects without problem. Except, my streaming radio station favorite is not accessible (of course, it _is_ accessible while the SB3 is connected to the SlimServer).

How do you check the version # of the SB3 firmware and the SlimServer s/w?

andyg
2006-02-11, 21:41
MeridianMan wrote:
> This is getting weirder. I have done both resets (pressing 1 & turning
> on and pressing Brightness and turning on). I still getthe MAC address
> message when trying to connect to SN. I turn it off and then on, and it
> connects without problem. Except, my streaming radio station favorite
> is not accessible (of course, it _is_ accessible while the SB3 is
> connected to the SlimServer).
>
> How do you check the version # of the SB3 firmware and the SlimServer
> s/w?

Have you tried resetting your MAC to the correct one? Write down the MAC
printed on the bottom of your player, and then go to View current settings ->
MAC address, and enter the correct one.

enhompe
2008-04-02, 16:59
After the update my Squeezebox fails to join SqueezeNetwork. It just shuts off. I can't believe how calmly previous posters are taking this. This is unacceptable!!!! Logitech needs to contact us about fixing the problem. Or else sell the whole network back to Slim Devices and admit that the aquisition was a failure.

radish
2008-04-03, 06:29
The thread you're replying to is over 2 years old, I think it's safe to say you have a different problem! If you'd like to explain it in a little more detail maybe someone can help :)