PDA

View Full Version : Implementing custom remote IR codes

gobikey
2006-02-08, 11:57
Does anyone have instructions for implementing custom IR codes with the Squeezbox? I can capture the IR codes using a USB infrared receiver. If there is already a thread on this, please reply with a link.

BTW, I'll be using a Krell amplifier/CD remote control. If there's already custom code set for this, I'd appreciate getting it, but I also want to learn how to do this on my own.

rock out.

mherger
2006-02-08, 14:01
> Does anyone have instructions for implementing custom IR codes with the
> Squeezbox?

Turn on the d_ir parameter in SlimServer (server settings/debugging) or
start slimserver from the console/shell using that parameter. Then point
your remote control to the device and press the button you want. It will
print the code to the console window or log file.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

gobikey
2006-02-08, 14:49
... and then would I create another .ir file under .\SlimServer\server\IR\ (Windows) with the different IR codes? If I create a new file here, do I need to do anything to enable it?

d_pete
2006-02-11, 12:42
... and then would I create another .ir file under .\SlimServer\server\IR\ (Windows) with the different IR codes? If I create a new file here, do I need to do anything to enable it?

Yes - if you save a file called say krell.ir in that directory then you would need to make sure it was checked under player settings/remote/remote controls.

pfaffman
2006-03-06, 14:15
I re-started my server with " --d_ir --d_irtm"

When I point my DVD remote (which apparently is very similar a JVC) or the squeezebox remote I get data, but the remote I want to program and my TV remote (which I know works because it controls the TV) don't produce any output.

The remote I want to use is from an Apple computer. (I got about 10 of them. They're cheap and I can leave them all over the house.)

d_pete
2006-03-09, 17:03
What squeezebox do you have? SB1 or SB2/3

I think that SB1 hardware will only pass on IR codes that use the IR protocol used by slim devices remote (NEC) or JVC remote (JVC) whereas the SB2/3 may, with the latest firmware, act as an IR repeater and send all (?) ir signals to the slim server

gobikey
2006-03-10, 07:36
Yes - if you save a file called say krell.ir in that directory then you would need to make sure it was checked under player settings/remote/remote controls.

thanks, but it must be a different type IR signal. other remotes show up in the debugging log, but not the krell's.