PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with various artist tracks

benthos
2006-02-07, 22:32
I'm using Slimserver 6.2.1. Yesterday I was listening to some flac files from a "Various Artists" cd and noticed that Slimserver calls the artist for various artists tracks "new" (which happens to be the name of the subfolder that the tracks are saved in). So for example, one tracklisting looks like this:

1. Henry Lee - Dick Justice from Various - Anthology of American Folk Music Vol. 1 - Disc 1A (Ballads) by new Play Add to playlist
2. Nelstone's Hawaiians - Fatal Flower Garden from Various - Anthology of American Folk Music Vol. 1 - Disc 1A (Ballads) by new Play Add to playlist

Etc. etc.

When I click on "new", it brings up several of the Various Artists recordings I've got. None of the tags have "new" in the artist name, so I can't understand why Slimserver would call the artist for these tracks "new". Also, I found that rescanning the library didn't do any good. Any ideas?

Chris

ceejay
2006-02-08, 01:10
When I click on "new", it brings up several of the Various Artists recordings I've got. None of the tags have "new" in the artist name, so I can't understand why Slimserver would call the artist for these tracks "new". Also, I found that rescanning the library didn't do any good. Any ideas?

Chris

So, what IS in the Artist tag? If its blank, Slimserver might be doing its best to guess: see Server Settings / Formatting / Guess Tags Formats.

HTH

Ceejay

benthos
2006-02-08, 18:44
So, what IS in the Artist tag? If its blank, Slimserver might be doing its best to guess: see Server Settings / Formatting / Guess Tags Formats.

well, for example, the track

Nelstone's Hawaiians - Fatal Flower Garden from Various - Anthology of American Folk Music Vol. 1 - Disc 1A (Ballads) by new

has "Nelstone's Hawaiians - Fatal Flower Garden" under Artist, and nothing under "Title". I will try playing around with this Guess Tags option.

Chris