PDA

View Full Version : default player on SlimServer?

andyjayh
2006-02-04, 18:16
Just messing around with the SlimServer as I await my two new Squeezeboxes and I have notice an annoying habit.

I have two players created in the server, one is my laptop the other my desktop. Both of these I have connected via Windows Media Player. When I set the player on the right hand side window of the SlimServer to be showing my desktop and then try to play music it automaticaly switches back to my laptop and adds the music! I can't find a setting for default player and I can't seem to stop this from happening!!!

If I delete the laptop from the players list so I only have one left then the music is added to this player and it works fine. As soon as I reconnect with the laptop the SlimServer just adds all music to this :-(

I am missing something here? I thought you added music to the selected player in the right pane by using the drop down list and then clicking the music to play?

Please help as I am worried that I am going to have problems with my to new Squeezeboxes :-((

Oh the SlimServer is the latesest version 6.2.1 - 5194 running on W2K3 SP1.

Thanks,
Andy

kdf
2006-02-04, 18:47
andyjayh wrote:
> Please help as I am worried that I am going to have problems with my to
> new Squeezeboxes :-((
>
> Oh the SlimServer is the latesest version 6.2.1 - 5194 running on W2K3
> SP1.
>

This is a bug when using players that connect using the stream.mp3 url.
It is now fixed in 6.2.2 nightly builds, but you squeezebox hardware
will work fine with 6.2.1 in this regard. You can test with softsqueeze
(included with slimserver) to see for yourself.

-kdf

andyjayh
2006-02-05, 03:18
Thanks for that info, puts my mind at rest about the new Squeezeboxes :-)

Any idea when 6.2.2 will be available?

Andy

kdf
2006-02-05, 04:19
andyjayh wrote:
> Any idea when 6.2.2 will be available?
>
I saw Dean mention that firmware is the current holdup. V29 came out
recently to fix some wireless issues, but there are others. There are
also some new issue with V29 that can hopefully be fixed soon.
-k

andyjayh
2006-02-05, 09:26
Thanks for this. I have since found the nightly updates section, downloaded and installed. Works great now with the multiple clients connecting to the stream.mp3 :-)

Andy