PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Slim should recommend and/or sell a wirelessrouter/AP?

Mark Lanctot
2006-02-03, 09:49
How about the Linksys WRT54G? Except for WPA2,
all versions work with the SB2/3.

In fact, over 50% of the entries in that table are
working - I don't see where you're just seeing the
Belkin Pre-N.

This was more evident when there was two tables,
the working/non-working tables.

nicketynick wrote:
> The RouterStatus wiki.... I can only find one entry
that inspires any
> confidence at all, and that's for the Belkin Pre-N
F5D8230-4, courtesy
> of kdf, MrC, and Dean - believe me, I'm watching for
a decent price on
> it!

--

Mark Lanctot

nicketynick
2006-02-03, 11:20
You're right on about the table - it was less ambiguous when it was a working/non-working set-up, except for when the same router ended up in both tables.....
The linksys WRT54g does seem to be one of the more reliable, although there have been a number of problem postings with it as well, IIRC, probably related to F/W updates either at SD or at Linksys. And therein lies the grist of the idea - if Slim would tell us (and possibly provide us with) their 'primary test platform', if you will, then we could be better assured of not running into problems as time goes on.
I guess the major problem with this idea is what happens when the next generation of wireless standard (n) comes along, but from what I've read, that could be a quite a few years yet.

Michaelwagner
2006-02-03, 15:52
I guess the major problem with this idea is what happens when the next generation of wireless standard (n) comes along, but from what I've read, that could be a quite a few years yet.
2007, if I read the docs correctly.

fairyliquidizer
2006-02-03, 15:56
I'm sticking with my WRT54G (a version 1.0!) until it dies. It's a great wee router (and although the firmware I'm currently running needs a reboot once every 12 months it's close to perfect).