PDA

View Full Version : Adding The Wife's Music :)

fairyliquidizer
2006-02-02, 11:23
Hi!

My wife likes girly tunes and I don't. How can I set up the Slimserver/SB so that her music is kept seperate?

Should I tag her music as Genre="girly" and just exclude that from the random list?

Thanks,
Fairy

Kyle
2006-02-02, 12:06
Hi!

My wife likes girly tunes and I don't. How can I set up the Slimserver/SB so that her music is kept seperate?

Should I tag her music as Genre="girly" and just exclude that from the random list?

Thanks,
Fairy

That'll work, but your wife might not like it.

Eserim
2006-02-02, 12:12
I found "pop" an in-offensive term and one that wasn't used by ANY of my music

fairyliquidizer
2006-02-02, 13:24
"Pop" may work but I'm not sure if any of mine will be tagged as such unlikely but you never know what Richard Cheese will be classed as :-D

I just went in to explain to my wife the idea and before I got to the bit about how theirs different types or Genres of music and she interupted and said "Mine can be "Girly S**t".

Is the tag trick the best way to do it?

4mula1
2006-02-02, 13:55
What I did in Windows XP was I put all of our music in the shared music folder, with my music in a folder with my name, hers in a folder with her name. I then set Slimserver to use the shared music directory as the music folder. I set the playlist folder to the shared music folder. Since all of my music is already in a playlist it made all of the music accessible to Slimserver, but I can easily go from mine to hers and vice versa.

Kyle
2006-02-02, 13:58
I found "pop" an in-offensive term and one that wasn't used by ANY of my music

How about "Testesterone Challenged"?

EnochLight
2006-02-04, 23:27
Dude, your screen name is "Fairy" and you're worried about your wife's girly music?

K...

;-)

fairyliquidizer
2006-02-06, 05:38
Dude, your screen name is "Fairy" and you're worried about your wife's girly music?

K...

;-)

Uh hum... FairyLiquidizer! Much more manly :-P

Love and hugs,
Fairy

PS- Whilest the Sugababes can be quite catchy, "Blue" a boy band just don't do it for me :) Luckily my wife is very understanding.

EnochLight
2006-02-06, 09:24
Sugababes and Blue?

*shivers*

I'm so sorry man; I had no idea it was that bad. How the heck did a Laibach fan meet up with a Sugababes/Blue fan?

Ah well, 'tis the immortal words of St. Paula Abdul: "Opposites attract"... ;-)

Cheers,

EnochLight

fairyliquidizer
2006-02-06, 17:08
what can I say I'm a sucker for a pretty face :)