PDA

View Full Version : flac to mp3



oli
2006-02-01, 18:23
Is there any simple to use programme (ideally with a GUI) that will allow me to convert files ,already ripped as FLACs, to mp3 for use on an ipod etc.

Cheers

Oli

kdf
2006-02-01, 18:39
foobar2000,'nuff said :)
-k

oli
2006-02-01, 19:15
just downloaded and installed foobar2000 but can't find where/how to convert my FLAC encoded files into mp3.

Cheers

Oli

Larry Truesdale
2006-02-01, 19:28
Understandable. Foobar isn;t the most intuitive program I've ever used, but
I recommend it highly anyway for its flexability in batch transcoding
FLAC to MP3. Once you've got the list of files you want to transcode
selected, right mouse click on them and select "convert". You'll find the
configuration options for this under "diskwriter" in the Foobar preferences
dialog. You can also reach these settings via the same right mouse click
described above. Stare at the options for a while and you'll probably
figure it out. Search the SlimDevices forums for more help.

Larry


On 2/1/06, oli <oli.22ky7b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
>
> just downloaded and installed foobar2000 but can't find where/how to
> convert my FLAC encoded files into mp3.
>
> Cheers
>
> Oli
>
>
> --
> oli
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> oli's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1661
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20672
>
>

Jetlag
2006-02-01, 19:53
Fast Audio Converter is another option. It does batch processing so you can do all of your files at once, and you can select the output destination if different than the source location.

Works well and the output bitrate is selectable in CBR or VBR. Encodes To/From other formats as well.

kdf
2006-02-01, 19:58
oli wrote:
> just downloaded and installed foobar2000 but can't find where/how to
> convert my FLAC encoded files into mp3.
>

you need to copy the lame_enc.dll files to the foobar directory. you'll
find more info on exactly what to do for that on the foobar site. Then
it is just a matter of selecting and right clicking the files you want
to change, pick your settings and wait.

-kdf

Larry Truesdale
2006-02-01, 21:12
Alternately, you can just point Foobar to the lame.exe file on your machine
in the encoder configuration dialog.

Larry


On 2/1/06, Kevin Deane-Freeman <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote:
>
> oli wrote:
> > just downloaded and installed foobar2000 but can't find where/how to
> > convert my FLAC encoded files into mp3.
> >
>
> you need to copy the lame_enc.dll files to the foobar directory. you'll
> find more info on exactly what to do for that on the foobar site. Then
> it is just a matter of selecting and right clicking the files you want
> to change, pick your settings and wait.
>
> -kdf
>

Robin Bowes
2006-02-02, 03:29
oli said the following on 02/02/2006 01:23 AM:
> Is there any simple to use programme (ideally with a GUI) that will
> allow me to convert files ,already ripped as FLACs, to mp3 for use on
> an ipod etc.

If you're happy running perl scripts (no GUI I'm afraid) you might like
to try flac2mp3:

http://projects.robinbowes.com/flac2mp3

Using it is as simple as:

flac2mp3.pl flacdir mp3dir

It scans the flacdir and converts all flac files to mp3 and puts them in
mp3dir, replicating the directory structure and converting vorbis
comments to ID3 tags.

R.

fairyliquidizer
2006-02-02, 13:54
Is there any simple to use programme (ideally with a GUI) that will allow me to convert files ,already ripped as FLACs, to mp3 for use on an ipod etc.

Cheers

Oli

www.dbpoweramp.com