PDA

View Full Version : Deleting songs from library?

oriordan
2006-02-01, 10:40
I am an iTunes user. I would like to be able to exclude songs that Squeezebox can't play (e.g. songs I bought from the iTunes store). I'd also like to be able to delete some of the playlists that I have in iTunes. I don't want to uncheck them in iTunes because then they won't get sync'd to my iPod. Is there a way to edit my Slim music library, or does it always include everything it finds?

Apologies if this is has already been covered. I couldn't find it in a quick search of the forums.

EnochLight
2006-02-01, 12:04
I'm afraid that if you use the sync iTunes library option in SlimServer, that will happen. I think that syncs playlists from iTunes as well.. I believe.

You might try not using the sync option and just adding a select folder shortcut to your iTunes songs, but I think SlimServer will still find mp4's that have DRM-tainted files (songs purchased on iTunes) - which will show up in SlimServer's library but the Squeezebox will not be able to play them.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly though..nor do I know if I am offering the right solution. ;-)

Be patient; more experienced users should chime in.

jimdibb
2006-02-01, 12:21
I haven't tried it, but did you look for an option or config file to set up
an exclusion list based on file types?

On 2/1/06, EnochLight <EnochLight.22ke2b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> I'm afraid that if you use the sync iTunes library option in SlimServer,
> that will happen. I think that syncs playlists from iTunes as well.. I
> believe.
>
> You might try not using the sync option and just adding a select folder
> shortcut to your iTunes songs, but I think SlimServer will still find
> mp4's that have DRM-tainted files (songs purchased on iTunes) - which
> will show up in SlimServer's library but the Squeezebox will not be
> able to play them.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly though..not
> do I know if I am offering the right solution. ;-)
>
> Be patient; more experienced users should chime in.
>
>
> --
> EnochLight
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> EnochLight's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=3392
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20662
>
>

ajmitchell
2006-02-01, 13:15
if you prefix an itunes playlist by a special charater such as > ; : ) it will drop to the bottom of your playlists and if nothing else you can remember not to play these in slimserver. Not much of a solution I know!

I have to admit, I never bought anything from itunes, so I presumed slimserver wouldn't display what it couldn't play....the fact that it does is a little irritating!