PDA

View Full Version : Varying volumes of tracks in Random Mix

jimcdenver
2006-01-31, 18:57
I am sure I am not alone in this problem. The volume level varies quite substantially from track to track when playing a Random Mix, and I expect this same behaviour would occur during a Playlist. I have tried changing the SB3 to use Smart Gain, Track Gain and Album Gain but nothing has worked so far. Am I missing something essential here? All our music has been ripped using the same drive, PC and software (WMA Lossless)so this is not a matter of a wide variety of downloaded tracks of varying quality. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

snarlydwarf
2006-01-31, 19:36
I am sure I am not alone in this problem. The volume level varies quite substantially from track to track when playing a Random Mix, and I expect this same behaviour would occur during a Playlist. I have tried changing the SB3 to use Smart Gain, Track Gain and Album Gain but nothing has worked so far. Am I missing something essential here? All our music has been ripped using the same drive, PC and software (WMA Lossless)so this is not a matter of a wide variety of downloaded tracks of varying quality. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Gain items need special tags within the files to note the gain adjustment.

It doesn't have anything to do with your drive or pc: it has to do with how the person who mastered the CD was feeling that day. "This is a rocking' song, crank this to 11! Oh, wait, I'll just crank it up for you!"

See http://www.replaygain.org/