PDA

View Full Version : Radioio Connection problem

sleepysurf
2006-01-31, 07:49
Anybody else having problems with Radioio streams? I can connect and stream Radioio via Squeezenetwork, but when trying to play directly via my Squeezebox2/3/Slimserver, can't connect? I am using WinXP, 6.2.2 nightly (1/31), and Firmware 29. Never encountered this before.

Mike Anderson
2006-01-31, 09:52
Yes - I cannot connect to Radioio Ambient, which is my favorite online station...

See the other thread, someone else confirmed.

sleepysurf
2006-01-31, 12:05
I emailed Radioio to inquire if the problem is at THEIR end, and it appears to be. This was their response...

"We've been having problems off and on at the network end of things since Saturday. All I can tell you right now is they are working on it."

Mike Anderson
2006-02-11, 18:57
Anyone else able to get through to Radioio?

So far my ability to connect is still intermittent/rare. That's a real shame. I loved Radioio Ambient, it was a source of most (all?) of my new music purchases. For example, I've literally bought about 90% of Waveform's label since I started listening to it.

The inability to hook up through the Squeezebox is costing someone money.

Joe Hartley
2006-02-12, 08:55
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:57:18 -0800
Mike Anderson <Mike.Anderson.233g6b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> Anyone else able to get through to Radioio?

I haven't had any problems connecting to RadioIO Eclectic. If it's just
the Ambient stream, try dropping them a line. I've always found the
RadioIO tech folks to respond quickly when a stream goes out.

We're huge fans of RadioIO in our house, so much so that even though it's
free with the Squeezebox, we ponied up for a subscription anyway!

--
================================================== ====================
Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh (AT) brainiac (DOT) com
Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - FZappa

Mike Anderson
2006-02-12, 10:15
It's not just Ambient, but they seem to have the most difficulty. I'm wondering if they just get tapped out more often because it's the most popular station.

randyb661
2006-03-20, 16:53
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but I did a search of forum topics and hadn't seen anyone mention RadioIO lately. I've been having problems with it on my SB2. Running via SN, the RadioIO Eclectic, 70s, and Rock stations all seem to be having intermittent dropout problems (by that I mean, the audio stream cuts in and out rapidly). Radio Paradise, Blues On Air, and other non-RadioIO streams I listen to are working OK. Any one else notice this problem?

Should I check with the RadioIO techs?

sleepysurf
2006-03-20, 19:05
I've noticed the same thing, and also with Pandora, so the problem might actually reside with SqueezeNetwork. I wouldn't be surprised if they are having bandwidth hiccups from increasing server demand (especially since bringing Pandora on board).

radish
2006-03-20, 20:41
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure SqueezeNetwork doesn't actually stream anything to you, it just handles control and display, the audio comes directly from the provider.

jscovell
2006-03-20, 21:56
I've been having the same problem lately, too -- last four or five days. No problem over SlimServer, strictly a SqueezeNetwork problem. (Other streams unaffected.) I started a thread on the SN forum.

jscovell
2006-03-23, 20:32
randyb661 is the Man. The problem is gone, coincident with his writing directly to radioio; and it seems they did the necessary. Excellent!