PDA

View Full Version : NaxosRadio

rkeeney
2006-01-30, 08:09
I am a paid subscriber of the NaxosRadio classical music service (www.NaxosRadio.com) and was wondering if anyone else has attempted to configure slimserver to 'see' and use this service. If not, I'll bang on it and see if I can get it to work. I'll report results.

Rob..........

dean
2006-01-30, 08:55
Please do, we'd love to have that service work with Squeezebox!

rkeeney
2006-02-09, 22:07
Please do, we'd love to have that service work with Squeezebox!

All this recent chatter about Pandora and LastFM really makes me wonder if there's got to be a way to make this work. Even if only through SN. I've tried to capture the URL using right-click, etc. but to no avail. Since this is pay-for-service like Pandora maybe the only way is via company to company negotiations?

Anyway, I wish I were more techno-savvy to figure it out.

Rob............

mkozlows
2006-02-09, 22:59
I'd never seen that before, and it looks interesting, but: 64Kbps as "near CD quality"? Um, no.

kjg
2006-02-09, 23:28
Hmm.... They advertise FM quality sound at 20 kbps and near CD quality
at 64 kbps. What format is their audio?

rkeeney wrote:
> I am a paid subscriber of the NaxosRadio classical music service
> (www.NaxosRadio.com) and was wondering if anyone else has attempted to
> configure slimserver to 'see' and use this service. If not, I'll bang
> on it and see if I can get it to work. I'll report results.
>
> Rob..........
>
>
>

rkeeney
2006-02-10, 08:08
Hmm.... They advertise FM quality sound at 20 kbps and near CD quality at 64 kbps. What format is their audio?

I don't know and don't know how to find out. I only play it on my PC or my laptop when traveling (nice background music in a hotel room or my office at work, but certainly not Hi-Fi). The genre choices for classical (some jazz and others) are quite extensive and gives me a good look into Naxos' extensive (and inexpensive) catalog.

Rob............

funkstar
2006-02-10, 10:52
Hmm.... They advertise FM quality sound at 20 kbps and near CD quality
at 64 kbps. What format is their audio?
well it states WMP 9 or 10 as a requirement so i would say it is WMA it uses. No idea if they use DRM in there, or just uses 'security by obscurity', they hide the medai player pretty well (thats just from having a quite play about with their free service)