PDA

View Full Version : Scanning into the song with the number buttons instead of FWD

Krobb
2006-01-28, 01:09
I'm a happy Squeezebox3 user and got this idea when I was trying to look into the middle of several new songs. I noticed that the number buttons on the remote doesn't have any function in 'Now playing'.

What if the numbers 1...9 would work like the function of the vertical seekbar in foobar to jump in the song instead of pressing and holding the 'FWD' button for 2x, 4x ... seeking.

So by pressing the number keys the playback of thesong would go as:
1 ... 10%
2 ... 20%
9 ... 90%

The 0 is not needed because one can press 'play' to start the song from the beginning or 'FWD' to skip to the next song.

What do you think?

EnochLight
2006-01-29, 00:01
This would be a welcome addition for the remote; I agree totally. This is how my remote works on my MediaMVP player from Hauppauge that I use to watch recorded television shows from my computer's tv-tuner card - it's a valuable tool.

Skunk
2006-01-29, 00:30
I'm a happy Squeezebox3 and got this idea

What do you think?

I thought you were a melancholy teddy bear, but I love the idea.

It's hard to listen to the 'story' on VH1 storyteller cd's if using FF. a '90%' button would be great.

Krobb
2006-01-30, 06:24
Good that both of you liked this idea.

Now what next? Should I post it as a new 'bug' (enhancement)?

Skunk
2006-01-30, 07:16
It's not a bug because it wasn't designed to function that way. The best you could do is file a feature request. I had hoped you were gonna be the one to write a plugin! :)

ezkcdude
2006-01-30, 07:50
I've been using Moose lately, and with that you can click anywhere in the progress bar to go directly to that point in the song. It's not as convenient as a remote, but it's something that you can't do in SlimServer, at least not in the skin I normally use (fishbone).

EnochLight
2006-01-30, 09:09
Yeah this is pretty much a new feature request. I'd request it as such and see if you can gain any momentum.

Krobb
2006-01-30, 10:17
I've been using Moose lately, and with that you can click anywhere in the progress bar to go directly to that point in the song. It's not as convenient as a remote, but it's something that you can't do in SlimServer, at least not in the skin I normally use (fishbone).The PC is a bit fare from the player to do that ... that's why I bought the Squeezebox ;)

Yeah this is pretty much a new feature request. I'd request it as such and see if you can gain any momentum. Where exactly can I do that? :)

Yannzola
2006-01-30, 12:14
The PC is a bit fare from the player to do that ... that's why I bought the Squeezebox ;)

Where exactly can I do that? :)

I went ahead and did it for you...
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2896
Vote for it.

Krobb
2006-01-30, 12:24
I went ahead and did it for you...
Vote for it. Thanks. Did that.