PDA

View Full Version : Deleted in iTunes, Still Plays on SB3

Horizons
2006-01-27, 12:43
I removed several songs in my Apple Lossless colletion in iTunes. I rescanned my library in Slimserver and was surprised to still find the deleted tracks and they played on the SB3!

I'm guessing that doing a total rescan will fix this problem but how does Slimserver/SB3 play songs that have been deleted in iTunes? Does it cache a version in PCM format or what?

kdf
2006-01-27, 13:10
Quoting Horizons <Horizons.22b6cn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> I removed several songs in my Apple Lossless colletion in iTunes. I
> rescanned my library in Slimserver and was surprised to still find the
> deleted tracks and they played on the SB3!
>
> I'm guessing that doing a total rescan will fix this problem but how
> does Slimserver/SB3 play songs that have been deleted in iTunes? Does
> it cache a version in PCM format or what?

deleted from iTunes deos not mean they are deleted from the filesystem.
If slimserver has the song referenced in a playlist and still find
the file on your harddrive, it will keep it available.

if you mark the track as disabled in iTunes, and set the slimserver
server settings to remove disabled iTunes tracks, then slimserver will
remove those tracks from its database.
-kdf

ajmitchell
2006-01-28, 03:13
also in itunes, remember you need to press shift and delete to actually remove the file and even then it goes into the recycle bin. Empty the bin, and re-scan and you should be ok

John Stimson
2006-02-09, 14:51
I've seen something that makes me thing that slimserver has some sort of "cache" somewhere. I had a FLAC file that was corrupt and would crash the SB2 display. I re-ripped the file a few times, and each time I played it the SB2 would crash again. Finally I tried playing the file with another player, and it was fine. Still crashed the SB2.

After more drastic measures -- maybe telling the slimserver to clear the cache and re-scan the collection, maybe even killing the server and restarting it -- the file played correctly.

The corrupted file had long ago been replaced by a series of good rips, but the slimserver still had that corrupted version stored somewhere in its memory.

dwc
2006-02-09, 15:24
I've seen something that makes me thing that slimserver has some sort of "cache" somewhere. I had a FLAC file that was corrupt and would crash the SB2 display. I re-ripped the file a few times, and each time I played it the SB2 would crash again. Finally I tried playing the file with another player, and it was fine. Still crashed the SB2.

After more drastic measures -- maybe telling the slimserver to clear the cache and re-scan the collection, maybe even killing the server and restarting it -- the file played correctly.

The corrupted file had long ago been replaced by a series of good rips, but the slimserver still had that corrupted version stored somewhere in its memory.

It's more likely that there was a corrupt (or partial) database entry for that song in the slimserver database. Changing the file itself would not fix that. Rescanning the collection would.

-Dan