PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate album listings?



dpranke
2006-01-23, 11:06
Hi,

I seem to have a problem where I get multiple entries when I view the "Browse Albums" listings, yet all the entries look the same. For example, I currently have four listings for "40oz. to Freedom" by Sublime, plus one more that lists as "40oz. to Freedom (Disc 1)". I've looked at the tag data using iTunes, MediaMonkey, and mp3info2 and none of them show anything that would lead me to think that there should be differences. I don't get duplicate tracks or artists, just albums.

This seems to only happen on some albums, and it happens repeatedly (I can rescan, delete the .slimserversqldb, etc.). I'm running 6.2.1 on Linux Fedora Core 4.

I looked at bugzilla but didn't see anything that looked promising. I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has seen this before creating a bug.

tvoil
2006-01-23, 11:30
I have seen similar behavior. I believe it is related to the way playlists are being loaded. I have found any albums that are duplicated have songs that are listed in playlists. If I remove all the playlists and do a rescan, the duplicate albums go away. I believe it is this bug:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2363

jonheal
2006-01-23, 12:36
Hi,

I seem to have a problem where I get multiple entries when I view the "Browse Albums" listings, yet all the entries look the same. For example, I currently have four listings for "40oz. to Freedom" by Sublime, plus one more that lists as "40oz. to Freedom (Disc 1)". I've looked at the tag data using iTunes, MediaMonkey, and mp3info2 and none of them show anything that would lead me to think that there should be differences. I don't get duplicate tracks or artists, just albums.

This seems to only happen on some albums, and it happens repeatedly (I can rescan, delete the .slimserversqldb, etc.). I'm running 6.2.1 on Linux Fedora Core 4.

I looked at bugzilla but didn't see anything that looked promising. I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has seen this before creating a bug.

I have seen this behavior and been able to fix it on my system.

1. Download Tag&Rename (It has a 30-day free trial).
2. Browse to one of the files in question.
3. Double-click on the item to edit its tags.
4. Click on the Additional tab in Tag&Rename.
5. If you see the duplicate information in one of the fields, delete it.
6. Clear and rescan your library in SlimServer.

Let me know what happens.

jonheal
2006-01-23, 12:42
I have seen this behavior and been able to fix it on my system.

1. Download Tag&Rename (It has a 30-day free trial).
2. Browse to one of the files in question.
3. Double-click on the item to edit its tags.
4. Click on the Additional tab in Tag&Rename.
5. If you see the duplicate information in one of the fields, delete it.
6. Clear and rescan your library in SlimServer.

Let me know what happens.

I see you're on Linux. Tag&Rename is Windows ... hmm. Send me one of the offending files in a Private message and I will look at it.

jonheal
2006-01-23, 12:44
I see you're on Linux. Tag&Rename is Windows ... hmm. Send me one of the offending files in a Private message and I will look at it.

I see that Private Messages cannot have attachments.

Send it to jon <at> theheals <dot> org.

WrightDawg
2006-01-27, 23:15
I just posted on a similar issue in this forum. Was there any fix to this? I hate to have to download tag and rename to fix all of this because there are hundreds of albums affected by this on my computer. Did this get fixed?

dpranke
2006-01-29, 18:27
Okay, I figured out what the problem is.

Some of the tracks in the album had the disc number set, and others didn't (the 'TPOS' field).

I think SlimServer gets confused when it sees this and starts a new album listing each time the field changes values.

I wrote a simple perl script to skim all the files and zero out the frame when it wasn't useful, and the problem was solved.

stevehaley
2006-03-22, 11:05
I have exactly the same problem in that I have the same album showing multiple times - once for each track in the album. This only happens where I have used the DISC tag in Tag & Rename and put all the resultant MP3 files in the same directory. All files have the same Album Name but could have different disc numbers. When I view the albulm in browse albulms then slimserver has changed the Title to "Album Title (Disc #)" and I have multiple entries as described above. Note I have no Playlists so that cant be the cause. It only ever happens in directories where I have files with the Same album name but diff disc nos.

rgds
Stephen