PDA

View Full Version : Re-scanning for just tag changes?

joncourage
2006-01-21, 22:03
Is it possible to rescan the music library just to pick up changes to tags? Scanning for new and changed doesn't seem to notice tag changes, far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Michaelwagner
2006-01-22, 09:02
What version of the server are you running? There were some code changes in this area recently - it's possible they haven't made it into the production code yet. (I guess it's also possible that there's a bug).

Jon
2006-01-22, 10:00
I have been making a lot of tag changes this morning, and then rescanning for "new and changed" only, and Slimserver is picking up all of my tag changes just fine.

Dan Sully
2006-01-22, 11:39
* joncourage shaped the electrons to say...

>Is it possible to rescan the music library just to pick up changes to
>tags? Scanning for new and changed doesn't seem to notice tag changes,
>far as I can tell.

What OS are you on?

If the timestamp / size of the file has changed, SlimServer will pick it up.

-D
--
There was supposed to be a big kaboom.

Michaelwagner
2006-01-22, 17:46
OTOH, if you have one of those excessively clever taggers that doesn't change the file timestamp, Slimserver will have a hard time picking up on changes. Most mp3 taggers don't change file size (if the file had tag padding in it, a common occurrance).

joncourage
2006-01-22, 20:18
I bet that's what it is...

I'm on XP Pro sp2, 6.2.2 of Slim, and using TagScanner to make tag changes. I'll take a look to see if the file attributes change after a tag change.

To make sure I'm clear on this - Slim reads which of the below info to determine whether to re-read a file into the database:

- file archive bit
- file timestamp
- file size

Thanks!