PDA

View Full Version : Am i doing something wrong

vain4
2006-01-20, 19:54
i downloaded and installed slimserver and softsqueeze, the installs seemed to have gone smoothly but i cannot hear any music.

am i suppose to be able to play music using either the slimserver or the softsqueeze software without having the actual squeezebox? reading the forums it seems like i should be able to.
and i dont seem to be able to get to my itunes playlist even though according to the settings pages slim server is aware of my itunes files.

hopefully someone can give me a clue as to what might be wrong.

snarlydwarf
2006-01-20, 20:10
i downloaded and installed slimserver and softsqueeze, the installs seemed to have gone smoothly but i cannot hear any music.

am i suppose to be able to play music using either the slimserver or the softsqueeze software without having the actual squeezebox? reading the forums it seems like i should be able to.
and i dont seem to be able to get to my itunes playlist even though according to the settings pages slim server is aware of my itunes files.

hopefully someone can give me a clue as to what might be wrong.

Slimserver itself doesn't touch your sound card: you will need to use softsqueeze (or Winamp, but that's a bit trickier)

Start softsqueeze by clicking the 'Help' in the Slimserver web page, then clicking on Softsqueeze.. there's a check there if you have Java installed (you will need it) and then click on the little box to run it.

vain4
2006-01-20, 20:42
Slimserver itself doesn't touch your sound card: you will need to use softsqueeze (or Winamp, but that's a bit trickier)

thanks, the audio is working fine now

still no itunes playlist's, and from what i see in some other posts i'm not the only one. hopefully it can be fixed because smart playlists are awesome

vain4
2006-01-21, 13:05
got the itunes playlist working this morning by stopping the slim.exe service then starting it manually from a command line as suggested in another thread on this board.