PDA

View Full Version : Problem logging in to squeezenetwork from browser

Newb
2006-01-19, 10:39
Hi,

I just got a SB3. The SB3 itself has no problem connecting to squeezenetwork, but I'm having trouble logging in to squeezenetwork.com from my browser (WinXP SP1, IE6). I've already received the activation email and clicked on the link.

However, everytime I click on login using my email and password, all I get is the login screen again.

When I tried keying in an invalid password, the server actually shows an error that I've keyed in the wrong password. But when I key in the correct password again, I get the login screen again without any errors - I just can't get past this screen!

Somehow, after the server authenticated my password, it thinks that I'm not logged in when it tries to bring me to the user home page, so it displays the login screen again.

Someone else experienced this before? I've tried disabling my firewall, twiddling all the browser security settings and cookie settings - even setting everything to the low security and allowing all cookies, but to no avail.

I suspect it's a cookie or browser session problem, but just can't figure out how to make it work. Pls help me!

Newb
2006-01-23, 08:00
I find it strange that nobody else is facing this problem, and unfortunately there's no help forthcoming from support.

I've tried logging in from 5 different PCs, at home, at work, at internet cafes... and I'm still facing the same problem. I even tried different browsers - IE and Mozilla... still the same.

What is so different or wrong with my squeezenetwork account registration?? I losing lots of sleep just trying to figure this one out!...

Somebody pls help...

andyg
2006-01-23, 09:17
All that's required to login to the SN website is to have cookies enabled. You might want to make sure you don't have any "security" software running that blocks cookies even if they are enabled in your browser. You may also want to check and delete any old cookies from the squeezenetwork.com domain.

Do other websites with cookies work OK, such as Amazon?

dean
2006-01-23, 13:14
Please contact support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com and they can check your account.

On Jan 23, 2006, at 7:00 AM, Newb wrote:

>
> I find it strange that nobody else is facing this problem, and
> unfortunately there's no help forthcoming from support.
>
> I've tried logging in from 5 different PCs, at home, at work, at
> internet cafes... and I'm still facing the same problem. I even tried
> different browsers - IE and Mozilla... still the same.
>
> What is so different or wrong with my squeezenetwork account
> registration?? I losing lots of sleep just trying to figure this one
> out!...
>
> Somebody pls help...
>
>
> --
> Newb
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> Newb's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=3480
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20220
>
>

Newb
2006-01-24, 09:41
>> Please contact support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com and they can check your account.

Yeah, already contacted support via email... no solutions yet, but here are some additional findings of my own:

- I had already tried always-allowing cookies, disabling all security features and firewalls (I'm technically inclined; and I'm sure that I have correctly disabled them), and still faced the same problem.

- I had already tried IE and Firefox browsers, using various PCs at home, at work and internet cafes - from Windows 98 to 2000 to XP - all show the same problem.

- INTERESTINGLY, I now realise that I have encountered the same problem on my forums.slimdevices.com account!!! And after hours of trying to login to forums, I found that ONLY if I click on the "remember me" checkbox when logging in to forums.slimdevices.com, the login works fine!

- When I do not click on "remember me" while logging in to forums.slimdevices.com, the same problem happens again!

- I have NO such problem logging-in to ANY OTHER websites and forums, including Yahoo, Ebay, Amazon, Hotmail and Gmail. The only sites with which I am encountering this problem are: www.squeezenetwork.com and forums.slimdevices.com!

- MY CONCLUSION: If the www.squeezenetwork.com login has a "remember me" feature similar to the one at forums.slimdevices.com, my problem might just be solved!

- I have done my own process of elimination, and it came down to... perhaps, it's how my account is activated when I click on the account activation link from my email?

- Perhaps one simple way to rule the above out is for support to create a temporary dummy account, and then activate it from their side. They then send me the login details and I try to login to this dummy account and see if it works.

carram
2006-01-25, 11:38
I have been trying to log-on for the past 2 weeks!

I originally managed to register my machine but when I tried to change my password I was locked out and have been ever since. Written several e-mails to support@squeezenetwork.com and they have reset my password etc. all to no avail. Deleted cookies etc and the session cookie gets downloaded when I try to log-on but that's it, nothing happens.

The SB3 is a fantastic machine but this is really turning me off.

Ron.

Newb
2006-02-09, 01:38

- MY CONCLUSION: If the www.squeezenetwork.com login has a "remember me" feature similar to the one at forums.slimdevices.com, my problem might just be solved!

Noticed that the login page now has a "remember be" checkbox. I can now login correctly with "remember me" turned on!

Thanks guys... I'm now a happy and satisfied customer! You can count on me to promote this device to my friends!