PDA

View Full Version : adding favorites with remote

atao
2006-01-15, 02:25
before i get flamed to death for this being the 100th thread about this, i have done some searches... and read them.

i have a sb3.

i would like to easily be able to add songs with the remote to a favorites list that i could play as a playlist. a single press of the ADD key should be all it takes. i get the impression many folks would like this feature, although it is not there, sadly.

i'm aware that ADD is mis-documented - it doesn't add the song to the favorites list. it pretty much does the opposite of that, lol.

i'm also aware the i can scroll right when a song is playing and that add the song to a "favorites" list. but is this list really a playlist? i don't seem to be able to play it in its entirety - all i can do is play one song out of it (plugings->favorites->play doesn't work).

can someone please enlighten me? can i only manually play one song at a time from this list!? if that's the case, this feature won't be a favorite of mine. i did search for "favorites plugin" documentation, and couldn't find anything.

-andrew

ps: it's spelled favorites, not favourites.

kdf
2006-01-15, 02:32
atao wrote:
>
> ps: it's spelled favorites, not favourites.
>
>

and making that point, will mean I'm out of this from the start.
-k

Philip Meyer
2006-01-15, 03:19
>i would like to easily be able to add songs with the remote to a
>favorites list that i could play as a playlist. a single press of the
>ADD key should be all it takes. i get the impression many folks would
>like this feature, although it is not there, sadly.
>
I've started a plugin that does something closely approaching what you want. I posted a mail about it last night in the plugins list.

>i'm aware that ADD is mis-documented - it doesn't add the song to the
>favorites list. it pretty much does the opposite of that, lol.
>
Not sure what you mean there. I don't recall reading any documentation that pressing ADD will add a song to the favourites list. Pressing add has different effects depending on where you use it, and they all work as I would expect.

>ps: it's spelled favorites, not favourites.
No it's not; at least not in my country.

Phil

atao
2006-01-15, 10:59
thanks for letting me know abt the plugin you're working on.

and i had failed to realize it was spelled favourites in other countries. my apologies. its just that it makes it more challenging to find forum info when you think you're searching for the "right" word.

btw, i meant to say that the FAVORITES button (and not the ADD button) is documented in the manual as "Press and hold FAVORITES while displaying a song, radio station or playlist name to add it to your favorites list". i've seen a post that says that this is functionality that is planned but not yet implemented.

DrNic
2006-01-15, 15:01
i had failed to realize it was spelled

I think you'll find that is spelt realise... ;P
Sorry, couldn't resist the humour....
:)

Nic

nelamvr6
2006-01-15, 17:08
You guys can't see it right now, but I'm lifting a Guinness to all my fellow Squeezebox users in the UK. Cheers!

Too bad we can't get together in person. We could lift a few and maybe talk about why you guys fling extra vowels about like they're going out of style!

Favourites. Colour. Sheesh! You guys act like you invented the language or something! ;)

Marc Sherman
2006-01-16, 09:00
nelamvr6 wrote:
> You guys can't see it right now, but I'm lifting a Guinness to all my
> fellow Squeezebox users in the UK. Cheers!

Actually, some of your favourite plugins were written by a Canadian, not
a Brit. :)

- Marc

nelamvr6
2006-01-16, 11:09
nelamvr6 wrote:
> You guys can't see it right now, but I'm lifting a Guinness to all my
> fellow Squeezebox users in the UK. Cheers!

Actually, some of your favourite plugins were written by a Canadian, not
a Brit. :)

- Marc

Yaeh, and I'm grateful, but the Canadians aren't quite so vowel happy. :D

Gilord
2006-02-23, 04:12
Hello,
I have the same pb, but it doesnt work with me.

I have a SB3 with slimserver 6.2

I can't add song to favorites. When i press the fav button, it display 'press right button to add..'
So I press Right button, but nothing it happend, and the favorite list is still empty.
I tried all combination of buttons, for example : pressing hold to fav button + after add button, or fav butt after displaying the 'now playing' song, etc...

What can I do please ?

radish
2006-02-23, 09:08
can someone please enlighten me? can i only manually play one song at a time from this list!? if that's the case, this feature won't be a favorite of mine. i did search for "favorites plugin" documentation, and couldn't find anything.

I think you misunderstand the point of the feature. It's not a playlist, it's a collection of "things" (which can be songs, radio stations, albums, playlists, whatever) which you want quick access to. So I'd recommend making a regular playlist with your favourite songs and adding THAT to the favourites list.

Kyle
2006-02-23, 09:25
What we need is an "add to playlist" function that will bring up a list of your playlists and you choose the one to add to (or "to which to add" for your language purists).

Gilord
2006-02-23, 09:25
First,thank you for your answer.

I understand than favorites is just a quick link to an objets (like a song or an existing playlist). But is still empty.

when it display 'press right button to add', so i press the right arrow, it display song added in the screen, but is still empty.
Also after, i check on slimserver/favorites and nothing! Always empty.

(Slimserver 6.2.1)

Kyle
2006-02-23, 09:33
The manual says to press and hold the favorites button to add the current selection to your favorites list. Have you tried that?

Gilord
2006-02-23, 09:43
Yes i tried that (press and hold).
But, if i anderstand, then i listen a song, i have to press in order :
1 : fav button
2 : a number beetwen 1-9
3 : right arrow ?

thats right ?
I have not tried that yet...

Kyle
2006-02-23, 11:32
The manual says press and hold favorites while displaying a song, radio station or playlist name to add it to your favorites. Might work with an album name, too. Try it and see.

kdf
2006-02-23, 12:03
Quoting Kyle <Kyle.23p3t01140720302 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> The manual says press and hold favorites while displaying a song, radio
> station or playlist name to add it to your favorites. Might work with
> an album name, too. Try it and see.

you'll be disappointed. This is one case where documentation got
ahead of the software:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2569

-k

Gilord
2006-02-23, 12:44
Yes it's that !
So, It's a known bug since 2005-11-15.
Thank you for your help.

What have I got to do with this link ? Just wait and see ? Or I have to register myself on Bugzilla ?

kdf
2006-02-23, 12:54
Quoting Gilord <Gilord.23p6kz1140723901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> What have I got to do with this link ? Just wait and see ? Or I have to
> register myself on Bugzilla ?

If you want bugzilla to send you an email when anything on that bug
changes, you'll have to register and add yoru email addy to the cc
field of that report.

Otherwise, you can read the changelogs for each new release and look
to see if it is mentioned there as fixed.

-kdf

Gilord
2006-02-24, 01:51
Yes ok, i understand.

Thank you very much for your assistance, for your patience and your clear answers.