PDA

View Full Version : Nominate Squeezebox as Home Entertainment Device of the Yearon Engadget

Dan Sully
2006-01-13, 16:19
http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/12/the-2005-engadget-awards-nominate-the-home-entertainment-device/

-D
--
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Michaelwagner
2006-01-13, 16:57
Actually, you have nominated it, and they say don't nominate the same one twice.

radish
2006-01-13, 17:03
Someone should tell that to the guys who make Slingbox :)

Michaelwagner
2006-01-13, 17:07
Well, we could show that Slim enthusiasts can read and follow instructions :-)

notanatheist
2006-01-13, 21:00
We can also show massive support for Slimdevices and leave any other comments wimpering in the dust. Of course if it makes hundreds of people want to buy a Squeezebox then we might experience a network outage again.

Michaelwagner
2006-01-13, 22:59
yes, but I couldn't find anywhere to vote, only to nominate (at least at this point).

HappyPax
2006-01-14, 03:16
I'd be happy to nominate if it did what it says on the tin. Sadly, as has become evident from reading the forums, I am not alone in being unable to make this thing work. Temperamental is not the word. At first it connectd to network but not slim server, day 2 and I can't even connect it to the network. SOmething is fundamentally wrong and the support documentation in this area is woefully inadequate.

Michaelwagner
2006-01-14, 07:19
HappyPax:

For the vast majority of us, it does what it says (not sure about any tins, though).

If you could start a new thread with your problem, we might be able to help you out.

Are you using wireless? That seems to be the biggest stumbling block for most people - I'd say that wireless is an immature technology, with many vendors of routers not sticking to standards, causing mayhem for users. But we can help you navigate most of those shoals ...

If you've already described your problem elsewhere, just give us a pointer to that thread.

Found it, sorry, here's the other thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20013
Let's continue this thought over there.

stinkingpig
2006-01-14, 09:59
>
> I'd be happy to nominate if it did what it says on the tin. Sadly, as
> has become evident from reading the forums, I am not alone in being
> unable to make this thing work. Temperamental is not the word. At first
> it connectd to network but not slim server, day 2 and I can't even
> connect it to the network. SOmething is fundamentally wrong and the
> support documentation in this area is woefully inadequate.
>

It does do what it says for most people, though I don't disagree that
something may be fundamentally wrong in your setup. Have you contacted
support or asked for help on the forum?

--
Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western
ocean I must wander" - traditional