PDA

View Full Version : Only 100 songs on playlist.

net_man74501
2006-01-12, 17:21
When I click play all songs, (using the web interface) it only puts 100 of my songs on the playlist. I was just wondering why. Is there a setting where I can specify how many songs are to be displayed on the playlist. I have looked for such but I have not found it if there is.

Thanks in advance for you help and explanations.

BTW, I am using Slimserver 6.2.1 running on Windows Xp Home Edition with an Intel Pentium 4 processor and 384MB of RAM, if that helps in any way.

notanatheist
2006-01-13, 00:54
holy crapzilla is all I can say! I just "added all albums" as a test and ended up with 46 pages of songs!! Good thing my library isn't that big yet.

So, in response, probably a Windows thing. How is your music encoded? Any of it protected?

snarlydwarf
2006-01-13, 01:08
holy crapzilla is all I can say! I just "added all albums" as a test and ended up with 46 pages of songs!! Good thing my library isn't that big yet.

Hah, that's how I used to do random play until Max did that nifty plugin. Sloooow with that many songs queued up.

net_man74501
2006-01-13, 15:32
All of my music is .mp3 and .wma and none of it is protected. Also, I do not believe it has anything to do with windows.

notanatheist
2006-01-14, 11:39
Not Windows in particular but what you have installed. Are you using the latest PERL recommended and the lastest Slimserver stable? What method did you use to add all song?

net_man74501
2006-01-14, 15:16
I dont know how to find the perl version and the Slimserver version is 6.2.1. Actually, I dont even know if I have perl installed. To play all my songs, I just go to Browse Music Folder and the first on the list is All Songs and I just click play. It adds them to the playlist, but it only goes to 100. I have more than a hundred songs.

On a hunch, I changed my skin, or interface, back to default and when I try to click play on all songs it doesn't add any of them, it just says empty under playlist. Before I changed it I was using the ExBrowse3 skin, which only adds 100 of them.

Also, sorry about the slow replies. I can't get online much and I appreciate your help very much. Thank you.

notanatheist
2006-01-14, 17:39
Okay, I did a Windows install to test it. First install I told it not to start and tried to map my network share for the library. Slimserver just sat there saying "starting" so I changed the config file to a local folder, moved some music to it, rebooted and same thing. Then I reinstalled on top of itself and that worked fine.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate your problem. Apparently you don't need to worry about Perl since it's built in with the executable on the Windows version. When I added all songs it gave me all 300 that I copied over with not hiccups.

Two things to try, on the main web interface go to server settings and rescan library. If that doesn't do the trick try reinstalling on top of itself. Nothing else I can think of to suggest.

Lastly, I forgot you mentioned you had some plugins. Try removing the contents of your plugin directory too. You shouldn't need to do reboots after each step but it doesn't hurt unless you know you've killed any corresponding services.

net_man74501
2006-01-15, 21:00
I think I have accidentally figured it out. Yesterday after changing my skin back to default, it didn't add them right away and I just gave up. But, today when I pulled it up in my browser, all the songs where there in the playlist. So, I guess that it was just the skin I was using, although I don't know why the default one didn't add them until I restarted my browser. Because yesterday, I distinctly remember refreshing the page just to make sure. I didn't even think about it being the skin. So, I am sorry for any inconviences I have caused you. Thank You for all the help and ideas you have provided.