PDA

View Full Version : i have problem streaming radio

afjochnick
2006-01-12, 05:04
Hello,

I have setup quite a few swedish streaming radio stations in my Squeezebox, for example:
http://www.lugnafavoriter.com/stream/stream.asx

However, i cannot get one of my fav stream-channels to work. Basically I can listen to one tune, but the stream goes silent when the tune is to go to the next. The URL is either:
http://www.spraydio.com/player/asx.jsp?room=piccadilly
or:
mms://nwr.streaming.telia.com/nwr/Spraydio/Spraydio/-46b0d3e9/piccadilly.asf

Now, I have a squeezebox first generation and used to run on server 6.1 so guess if I was happy when I read the releasenotes for 6.2: "Fixes issues with WMA (and other audio files) not moving onto the next track"

So, I uninstalled 6.1 and installed 6.2. But, I still have the same problem!

Pointers would really, really be appreciated...

I am now running on slimserver 6.2.1
Player firmware is 40.

Thanks,

/Mathias

afjochnick
2006-01-15, 16:16
Wow.... really, noone able to help out w this one?

malsbury
2006-01-16, 06:24
I cannot get one of my fav stream-channels to work. Basically I can listen to one tune, but the stream goes silent when the tune is to go to the next. The URL is either:
http://www.spraydio.com/player/asx.jsp?room=piccadilly
or:
mms://nwr.streaming.telia.com/nwr/Spraydio/Spraydio/-46b0d3e9/piccadilly.asf

I am now running on slimserver 6.2.1
Player firmware is 40.

I can report that I can get the second link to stream fine [mms://nwr.streaming.telia.com/nwr/Spraydio/Spraydio/-46b0d3e9/piccadilly.asf]

However, I am running the 1/15/06 nightly build of Slimserver 6.5b1 and that may be difference. If you want to try, the betas have been very stable as of late and are availble from here: http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html

--Tom Malsbury

PS: That is a great station, nice selection of Britpop. I've been listening for an hour now without even a hickup and am adding it to my favorites list. Thanks...

afjochnick
2006-01-16, 06:34
Hmmm, ok, I think I'll try the beta then, actually. Anyone else can confirm that this is an issue with currently released latest version?

Yeah, the channel's one of my absolute favourites, I want to point out, though, that quite a few Swedish songs are played too... not that that should stop you from tuning in, we make great music! :)

malsbury
2006-01-16, 06:46
Hmmm, ok, I think I'll try the beta then, actually. Anyone else can confirm that this is an issue with currently released latest version? If you do install thet 6.5 beta, it will need to rescan your library. This is due to a change in the way slimserver uses the new database. You might want to let it complete the scan before you try streaming and transcoding WMA to MP3. What OS are you using, and what are you using to do the transcoding from WMA to MP3 for your SB1? I am running linux and using mplayer to transcode from WMA to MP3 for my SliMP3. If you need any additional help getting things working, let me know.

Yeah, the channel's one of my absolute favourites, I want to point out, though, that quite a few Swedish songs are played too... not that that should stop you from tuning in, we make great music! :)Funny you should mention that, just as I was reading your message a song in Swedish came on. I agree, I have no idea what is being said, but it still sounds nice.

Good luck,

--Tom Malsbury

afjochnick
2006-01-17, 06:07
OK, so now I have upgraded to the beta, 6.5. I still have the same problem, but with some exotic things thrown in.

Base info first:
I put the URL in a .pls-file, just as I have done with other (working) radio URL's.

Most of the time, It starts playing, but when the song is over it does not move on to the next track. If I click on the link again it then starts playing again.

Occasionally, it does move on, but rarely, and never more than once. I also tried the "tune in" functionality and it then moved over more frequently, but i then had a pause of several minutes before it started playing again after a track was over.

To be clear: this happens with both URL's I posted above.

I would really like to know if this weird behaviour can be sorted, I love this radio channel...

I just play it as a playlist or put the URL into the "tune in", i have not installed mPlayer, is that a problem?