PDA

View Full Version : MusicMagic: Error Sending Playlist to Player



treble
2006-01-11, 22:15
MusicMagic seems to work fine for me, except for when I try to send a playlist from MusicMagic to Slimserver I get the message: Error Sending Playlist to Player or only part of the playlist arrives. Closing and reopening MusicMagic seem to fix it, at least, I can then send again one (but only one) playlist to SLimserver. Sending the same playlist to eg. WinAmp works fine.

Apparently more people have the same problem. See a thread I started on the MusicMagic forum: http://forums.predixis.com/index.php?showtopic=1389

There is nothing reported in the logs of MusicMagic. In attachment log1.txt you can see what is recorded in the log of slimserver (having d_plugins,
d_cli and d_musicmagic enabled).


A successful submission event of the playlist (after closing/reopening MusicMagic) is recorded in the log as seen in attachment log1.txt

Yannzola
2006-01-12, 09:49
A successful submission event of the playlist (after closing/reopening MusicMagic) is recorded in the log as seen in attachment log1.txt
Just to clarify, log2.txt shows an unsuccessful submission.... correct? Didn't notice any "Musicmagic Error" messages. I'm having the same intermittent issue at home(SS 6.2.2 daily MMM 1.5).

treble
2006-01-12, 13:22
Oops, I screwed that up.

log1.txt = unsuccessful submission
log2.txt = successful submission.

Sorry about the confusion.

It looks like in the unsuccessful attempt comands are being send to :
127.0.0.1:4288

And in the successful to:
127.0.0.1:4622

Not sure about the two different port numbers

downtime
2006-10-28, 08:19
I have had this problem also with MIP 1.7 and SS 6.5b3 using the full MIP library as a source for mixes. Sometimes one track would make it to the SS playlist, sometimes the whole list, and sometimes some other amount. Always after a partial list is sent, MIP has to be restarted to reestablish communication with SS. So,...

I tried this - created a few filters so that lists could be built only from tracks from the MIP library that were also in the SS library. Those lists transfer successfully. It seems that when tranferring a list that contains tracks not in the SS library, they have to be added before the list continues processing. I think that may cause the error. At any rate, I have sent a dozen 30-track MIP lists in a row built of tracks known to be in the SS database without errors.

I have tried building SS libraries of my complete collection but it bogs down the server. So, I have some files for MIP lists and the others I am content to choose through the Music Folder.

I hope this helps.