PDA

View Full Version : Excluding Tracks

jonheal
2006-01-10, 09:37
I've seen numerous posts about excluding folders or genres from playing/playlists.

For me, a much more valuable feature would be the cabability to exclude from play at the track level a la iTunes.

I haven't missed something somewhere, have I? This feature doesn't exist, does it?

I'm not sure why it's any more complicated than adding an "exclude" column to whatever table in the database contains track/path data. Then a checkbox to set that flag could be added to the Song Info screen. Then, I guess the SqueezeBox would have to be prevented from actually playing the track ... so I guess it's a little more complicated ...

But if the server is never actually serving the track data to the SB ...

max.spicer
2006-01-10, 11:28
You can't do this at the moment, but you're right - it is a good idea. This was discussed only recently, so you'll probably find some more info if you search this forum.

Max

I've seen numerous posts about excluding folders or genres from playing/playlists.

For me, a much more valuable feature would be the cabability to exclude from play at the track level a la iTunes.

I haven't missed something somewhere, have I? This feature doesn't exist, does it?

I'm not sure why it's any more complicated than adding an "exclude" column to whatever table in the database contains track/path data. Then a checkbox to set that flag could be added to the Song Info screen. Then, I guess the SqueezeBox would have to be prevented from actually playing the track ... so I guess it's a little more complicated ...

But if the server is never actually serving the track data to the SB ...

jonheal
2006-01-10, 13:41
You can't do this at the moment, but you're right - it is a good idea. This was discussed only recently, so you'll probably find some more info if you search this forum.

Max

Thanks, Max,

I guess I'll tag tracks I hate with an "Exclude" genre, and then uncheck that genre in the Random Mix selector.

Unfortunatley, that doesn't help me when I play an album, which is the way I ususally listen.