PDA

View Full Version : Irritating - Slim plays one track and stops unless pause then play pressed

ajmitchell
2006-01-10, 09:35
Hi all,

Sorry, seem to be having a flurry of problems of late. Just re-built my server running slimserver as a service. The only plug in I have is itunes updater.

Anyway for most of the time (?but not always sorry cannot pin that down further just yet), slim.exe plays only 1 track. Whatever track or playlist I select it plays 1 track. Theres a healthy que in the playlist, waiting, but it doesn't progress to the next track. If I press pause and then play the next track will play only to stop at the end. Its just like slim enters pause at the end of everytrack. Its so regular I wondering if theres a hidden function I am not aware of? The text in slim.exe does not report anything new at the end of of the song. Controlling play with the brouser does not help.....I actually have to click pause then play on the browser to start playing.

Advice?

-------------------Heres my specs-------------------------

Software. Slimserver 6.51b (5064) running for a couple of months. Ran 2 previous versions 6.1 and 6.1. Updates were fresh installs. Itunes is v6.

WindowsXP Sp2 + updates

Squeezebox - 1xSB wireless 2x SB2s wireless....ps I have a wired version and this seems to give the same result - I am going to test this further later.

Files all in local drive c:\my music (typical itunes place)
Files. All Mp3s various bit rates from 128 to 320. No other file types.
Hardware: Athlon 2400XP 512RAM CPU activity is generally low dropping to near zero at end of song

kdf
2006-01-10, 10:15
On 10-Jan-06, at 8:35 AM, ajmitchell wrote:

>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry, seem to be having a flurry of problems of late. Just re-built my
> server running slimserver as a service. The only plug in I have is
> itunes updater.
>
are you running the iTunes updater in offline mode? the live updates
cannot work if you are running as a service, as I recall.
>
> Software. Slimserver 6.51b (5064) running for a couple of months. Ran
> 2 previous versions 6.1 and 6.1. Updates were fresh installs. Itunes is
> v6.
>
5064 is old. if you are going to run the experimental versions, you
really should try to keep them up to date if you are experiencing
problems.
you may find that the issue is already fixed. In fact, there were some
playback issues similar to this that have been fixed along the way.
-kdf

ajmitchell
2006-01-10, 15:40
thanks KDF,

I know my install is old, my I ghosted it back after a crash. I am waiting for the next major release 6.3? before re-installing.

Anyway back on track...strange but just forcing a complete re-scan seems to have solved this one. Working successfully at the moment.

The one feature I am really really really dying for is the ability to crossfade whilst several SB are synched....please please in the next release!

Keep up the good work.

Alex