A photo of your Squeezebox setup (please)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skunk
    • Dec 2005

Love the flexy rack. Did you use plumb bobs as your spikes?
    'The Buddha resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a computer as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower'.
    -Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Comment

• eq72521
      • Sep 2005

Everyone has such snazzy setups. I doubt mine would win any awards, except perhaps for taking "downtempo" to the extreme. I'll call it "Squeezebox van der Rohe". The speakers, the particular brand and model of which are not worth mentioning, are small, self powered, and stand upon two of the window sills on the right hand wall. Perhaps one day I'll invest in something that sounds better, at which time the sound system would likely become slightly more prominent in my living room.

Comment

• notanatheist
        • Dec 2005

It's more important that you enjoy your SB and it's capabilties (even if you are using Altec Lansing speakers). Sure my fancy setup is shown in this thread but my bedroom is a whole different story! My SB2 sits atop an old projection TV cabinet that I'm going to convert to a storage unit for who knows what just yet with some crappy Logitech speakers.

Comment

• Skunk
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by notanatheist
          My SB2 sits atop an old projection TV cabinet that I'm going to convert to a storage unit for who knows what just yet with some crappy Logitech speakers.
          Yeah, I can't wait to 'tweak' my server box. I want to house it in plexiglass, and make the NIC connection light more disco. I also thought about running the pushbutton switch upstairs with two thin wires, to truly shut down/startup.

This is ridiculous, but you can hack a billy big mouth bass with a processor board and linux, and I'd like him to say the album title now playing. I didn't file a feature request yet...

I realize this is completely off-topic, notanathiest, but are you an athiest without a tan, or not an athiest _at all_?
          'The Buddha resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a computer as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower'.
          -Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Comment

• Bart
            • Apr 2005

Here are my Squeezeboxs in my living room and kitchen. In each room there is only a Squeezebox, two speakers, two remotes and an IR sensor, no other technology and no CDs. The CDs are in boxes in the storeroom and the CD covers have been scanned and are kept in a box in the living room for browsing through.
            The Squeezebox in the kitchen is connected to the amplifier by huge cables - not ideal. I am still trying to find a position for it, where I can see it from both ends of the room and it is near enough to connect to the amplifier in the next room - hence the rather industrial bracket.

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by nicky6
              Would've wanted to be able to run both FM and streamed music without detaching the cables, but now I run Internet radio in the kitchen instead. The SB3 belongs to the living room where the receiver etc is, but I liked the idea of old and new on a photo... Just tried it out in the kitchen.
              Ahhh, a Tivoli!!! Very good taste in radios!!

Comment

• Cleve
                • Oct 2005

Here's my setup.

Comment

• rmasson
                  • Nov 2005

My Setup

There are some great setup's out there! Here's mine to throw into the mix. My dedicated 2 channel audio room comprises of the following:

PS Audio GCC-100 Control Amplifier
                  Paradigm Signature S2 Speakers
                  HSU VTF-2 MK 2 Subwoofer (not pictured)
                  Benchmark DAC-1 using the balanced outputs
                  Sony SCD C2000es SACD/CD Player
                  Interconnects: RCA-Van den Hul D-102 Mark III, Balanced-PS Audio Statements, Digital Coax-DH Labs, Digital Optical-DH Labs
                  Speaker Cable: DH Labs Q10
                  Room Treatments: 2 Bass Traps and 4 Acoustic Panels, both home made.
                  Squeeze Box 3: wireless connection, with my audio collection ripped in WMA lossless

Comment

• crooner
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Cleve
                    Here's my setup.
                    Hey cleve nice to see a fellow Audiokarma member in this forum. Your McIntosh setup looks awesome with sound to match I am sure!

Best,
                    croon
                    "Audio Preservationist"
                    Specialized in Marantz Vacuum Tube Electronics

sigpic

Comment

• crooner
                      • Jan 2006

Beautiful setup you have there. Seems like the FL displays match quite nicely.

I was wondering... Any particular reason to prefer WMA Lossless over FLAC?

Originally posted by rmasson
                      There are some great setup's out there! Here's mine to throw into the mix. My dedicated 2 channel audio room comprises of the following:

PS Audio GCC-100 Control Amplifier
                      Paradigm Signature S2 Speakers
                      HSU VTF-2 MK 2 Subwoofer (not pictured)
                      Benchmark DAC-1 using the balanced outputs
                      Sony SCD C2000es SACD/CD Player
                      Interconnects: RCA-Van den Hul D-102 Mark III, Balanced-PS Audio Statements, Digital Coax-DH Labs, Digital Optical-DH Labs
                      Speaker Cable: DH Labs Q10
                      Room Treatments: 2 Bass Traps and 4 Acoustic Panels, both home made.
                      Squeeze Box 3: wireless connection, with my audio collection ripped in WMA lossless
                      "Audio Preservationist"

sigpic

Comment

• Cleve
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by crooner
                        Hey cleve nice to see a fellow Audiokarma member in this forum. Your McIntosh setup looks awesome with sound to match I am sure!

Best,
                        croon

Hi, Crooner. I saw the user name the other day, and wondered if it was the same "Crooner" from AK. Glad to see you here! The Squeezebox is just a *slight* upgrade from the old Soundfeeder, ay?

I know you use vintage gear like I do - but beware the temptation to use Squeezebox's volume control, whilst cranking the
                        receiver/pre-amp volume control. See the various "white noise" threads for the reason that's a bad idea. I'm only using the Digital outputs on my SB3 now because of a second occurence the other day.

Comment

• crooner
                          • Jan 2006

The Squeezebox is just a *slight* upgrade from the old Soundfeeder, ay?
                          Definitely!!!
                          The soundfeeder I used for relaying MP3s to my tuners. The Squeezebox's lossless FLAC support is a completely different ballgame. Now here's a true hi-fi audio source!

I know you use vintage gear like I do - but beware the temptation to use Squeezebox's volume control, whilst cranking the
                          receiver/pre-amp volume control. See the various "white noise" threads for the reason that's a bad idea. I'm only using the Digital outputs on my SB3 now because of a second occurence the other day.
                          I am using the analog outputs with full volume (40 on the display). I regulate the volume at the receiver. No issues thus far. I think the internal DAC and analog stage are very good for the price. They are superior to a 1998 vintage Rega Planet I used to have. That player retailed for $800 and it was Stereophile's component of the year, IIRC.

It's true, ripped music using FLAC sounds less "digital" to my ears. Discs that used to be harsh sound so much better!
                          "Audio Preservationist"

sigpic

Comment

• Jetlag
                            • Jul 2005

Infrant X6 > SB2 > Benchmark DAC1 > Denon AVR-5803 > Paradigm Studio Reference 100s augmented by a Mirage BPS400 SW
                            Two SB3's and a Transporter, SC running on my ReadyNAS Pro

What can I say, I'm a NAS Man! ;)

Comment

• Jetlag
                              • Jul 2005

Here is a shot of my equipment closet:
                              Two SB3's and a Transporter, SC running on my ReadyNAS Pro

What can I say, I'm a NAS Man! ;)

Comment

• dwc
                                • Oct 2005

Headphone setup

Here's my headphone rig.
                                -Dan

Comment

Working...