PDA

View Full Version : MusicInfoSCR.pm broken with SlimServer v6



mherger
2005-03-10, 07:42
Some change made in SlimServer v6b1 for the SB2 is breaking the
MusicInfoSCR.pm screensaver if it's using the PLAYTIME format.

If you're using that plugin and have crashes please disable it. I'm
working on a solution. Thanks!

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

mherger
2005-03-16, 15:43
I just uploaded an updated version of MusicInfoSCR.pm to my site
(http://www.herger.net/slim/). This should work with SlimServer v6.
There's still one issue with online streams (internet radio) displaying
the stream's name instead of eg. "artist - song". But otherwise it seems
to be ok.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:42:09 +0100, Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net> wrote:

> Some change made in SlimServer v6b1 for the SB2 is breaking the
> MusicInfoSCR.pm screensaver if it's using the PLAYTIME format.
>
> If you're using that plugin and have crashes please disable it. I'm
> working on a solution. Thanks!
>



--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

vidurapparao
2005-03-16, 15:49
Michael,

The title of the current song for a track can now be obtained by calling
Slim::Music::Info::getCurrentTitle($client, $url). For radio streams,
this will return the most recent song played on the station; for others,
it will invoke standardTitle (which I assume you were using before).

--Vidur

Michael Herger wrote:

> I just uploaded an updated version of MusicInfoSCR.pm to my site
> (http://www.herger.net/slim/). This should work with SlimServer v6.
> There's still one issue with online streams (internet radio)
> displaying the stream's name instead of eg. "artist - song". But
> otherwise it seems to be ok.
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:42:09 +0100, Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>
> wrote:
>
>> Some change made in SlimServer v6b1 for the SB2 is breaking the
>> MusicInfoSCR.pm screensaver if it's using the PLAYTIME format.
>>
>> If you're using that plugin and have crashes please disable it. I'm
>> working on a solution. Thanks!
>>
>
>
>

mherger
2005-03-16, 15:56
Vidur

> The title of the current song for a track can now be obtained by calling
> Slim::Music::Info::getCurrentTitle($client, $url). For radio streams,
> this will return the most recent song played on the station; for others,
> it will invoke standardTitle (which I assume you were using before).

As I already tried to explain to kdf I'm using infoFormat() as I'm using
those user defined format strings. It's not just a matter of having a
title, but of displaying a reasonable value for a format string like
"TITLE (ARTIST - ALBUM)". Looking at infoFormat() I don't think I'd like
to rewrite that routine...

Michael

>
> --Vidur
>
> Michael Herger wrote:
>
>> I just uploaded an updated version of MusicInfoSCR.pm to my site
>> (http://www.herger.net/slim/). This should work with SlimServer v6.
>> There's still one issue with online streams (internet radio)
>> displaying the stream's name instead of eg. "artist - song". But
>> otherwise it seems to be ok.
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:42:09 +0100, Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Some change made in SlimServer v6b1 for the SB2 is breaking the
>>> MusicInfoSCR.pm screensaver if it's using the PLAYTIME format.
>>>
>>> If you're using that plugin and have crashes please disable it. I'm
>>> working on a solution. Thanks!
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>