PDA

View Full Version : Saving Playlists

jonheal
2006-01-06, 19:57
I can't seen to add to a playlist using the remote. I believe I followed the instructions:

1. found an album
2. clicked the Add button
3. clicked Now Playing, Play and the the right arrow
4. named the playlist
5. found another album
6. clicked the add button

...but my second album was not tacked onto the end of the current playlist. How do I do this?

mherger
2006-01-07, 01:50
> 3. clicked Now Playing, Play and the the right arrow
> 4. named the playlist

IMHO you can't enter a playlist name after hitting right in the now
playing screen. There you'll be presented details about the currently
playing song, nothing about a playlist.

Please give us some information about what exactly you'd like to do and
the steps that didn't do this for you. And add some details about player
and server version.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

ceejay
2006-01-07, 02:16
I can't seen to add to a playlist using the remote. I believe I followed the instructions:

1. found an album
2. clicked the Add button
3. clicked Now Playing, Play and the the right arrow
4. named the playlist
5. found another album
6. clicked the add button

...but my second album was not tacked onto the end of the current playlist. How do I do this?

You can nearly do this using the Save Playlist plugin (which I guess is what you have been using so far).

1 - find album
2 - "play" to start a new playlist
3 - find another album
4 - "add" to add to end of playlist
5 - repeat 3 & 4
6 - go to Plugins / Save Playlist
7 - name and save the playlist

If you subsequently want to add more, you can: load the playlist, add stuff, save it again, you have to repeat the name (and if you give the same name you DON'T get asked if you want to overwrite an existing playlist, which I suppose mught be considered a bug).

Still, I think this is what you were looking for, more or less.

Ceejay

Vulcanbomber
2006-01-07, 06:22
I,m trying to work out the best way to add to an existing playlist.
Ideally I would like say select random songs and then when I hear something I like easily add it to a particular playlist;
without having to stop the currently selected random list.
One way to do would be from the web browser, where you could select a playlist in the left hand panel and then just drag and drop the song from the right hand panel into it.

ceejay
2006-01-07, 07:21
I,m trying to work out the best way to add to an existing playlist.
Ideally I would like say select random songs and then when I hear something I like easily add it to a particular playlist;
without having to stop the currently selected random list.
One way to do would be from the web browser, where you could select a playlist in the left hand panel and then just drag and drop the song from the right hand panel into it.

Sounds like you need the proposed "flagman" plugin, that has been discussed at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18982

Or, if you are prepared to use your computer instead of the Player UI, consider using instead some different software which is much better at playlist generation and maintenance ... eg MusicMagic Mixer, which also features Slimserver integration (for a fee).

Ceejay

Vulcanbomber
2006-01-08, 05:28
Yes I am using other software to create playlist and maintain my music. Amarok.
This is a brilliant application, only availble in Linux.
However if I listening to squeezebox and hear something I lke, it's still a case of having to remeber it next time i go to the server where Amarok is mounted.