PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect to this DAB Radio?

aggofleve
2006-01-05, 13:15
This is potentially a very stupid question, but here goes anyway!

I am thinking of buying a SB. I see from the spec of the SB3 that it has Digital, Analogue and Headphone socket outputs. I am wanting to connect the device to a DAB radio I have in our kitchen (we are short on space) and want to know whether I can use the Headphone output on the SB to feed into the only Line In I have on the radio, (which is this one: http://www.pure-digital.com/Products/Product.asp?Product=VL-60754&PageType=Specs) which is a 3.5mm line in port.

If I can't, is it possible to get an adapter to convert one of the other outputs into one that can connect to my 3.5mm line in?

Hope you can help.

tom permutt
2006-01-05, 13:23
It shouldn't be hard to find a Y-adapter to convert the pair of mono "RCA" line-outs to the stereo miniplug you require. In the U.S., Radio Shack has them, but if you were in the U.S. you probably wouldn't spell analog that way.

I can't see why the headphone output wouldn't work, either.

ceejay
2006-01-05, 14:40
I suspect that the line out phonos on the SB will be a slightly better bet than the headphone socket.. all you need is something like this http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PH200.html

Ceejay

funkstar
2006-01-06, 11:46
you should be able to get these very easily on the high street - John Lewis, Maplin, Dixons, Currys, Comet, etc should all have something similar.

ceejay
2006-01-06, 16:32
you should be able to get these very easily on the high street - John Lewis, Maplin, Dixons, Currys, Comet, etc should all have something similar.

I'm sure you're right, especially for something as straightforward as 3.5mm - phono. But I was astonished recently at how hard it is to get even fairly simple (I thought!) cables on the high street, at some of the very places you mention. This is what drove me online to the site I just referenced (and they have just delivered a bagful to me).

I guess they feel they can make more money from scarce shelf space selling bigger things than cables...

Ceejay