PDA

View Full Version : Missing Artist and Album with 6.0b1



Thomas B. Malsbury
2005-03-09, 11:55
I just wanted to report that I am missing some music with 6.0b1. I am
sure there are more then these two, but these are the ones that I just
noticed:

Artist Missing: Björk - All Albums

This artist is not shown in either browse by artist or when I browse the
music folder. None of her albums are shown under browse albums.

Album Missing: Jonatha Brooke - 10¢ Wings

This album does not appear under the artist as an album, when I browse
directly by albums or when I browse the music folder.

If I look at my music directory from the command line I get the following:

[root@localhost music]# ls -ld Bj*
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 2004 Bj?rk - Debut
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Feb 3 2004 Bj?rk - Medulla
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Feb 4 2004 Bj?rk - Post
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 2004 Bj?rk - Selmasongs
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jan 30 2004 Bj?rk - Vespertine

[root@localhost music]# ls -ld Jonatha*
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 14 2004 Jonatha Brooke - 10? Wings
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 14 2004 Jonatha Brooke - Live
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 14 2004 Jonatha Brooke - Steady Pull

So they are there, but with "?" in place of the non-standard
characters. I know that these were shown in the library and played in
5.4.1.

Please let me know what information I can provide to assist in getting
these into my library.

I am running Slimserver 6.0b1 3/9/04 nightly on a Fedora3 box with a P4
1.6ghz, 512Mb ram, Perl v5.8.5

Thomas Malsbury

Dan Sully
2005-03-09, 11:58
* Thomas B. Malsbury shaped the electrons to say...

>I just wanted to report that I am missing some music with 6.0b1. I am
>sure there are more then these two, but these are the ones that I just
>noticed:

Thomas - what is your LC_CTYPE or LANG environment variable set to?

Thanks.

-D
--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Thomas B. Malsbury
2005-03-09, 12:04
Dan Sully wrote:

> * Thomas B. Malsbury shaped the electrons to say...
>
>> I just wanted to report that I am missing some music with 6.0b1. I
>> am sure there are more then these two, but these are the ones that I
>> just noticed:
>
>
> Thomas - what is your LC_CTYPE or LANG environment variable set to?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -D

Under "Server Settings" the language is set to English. This is the
same setting as 5.4.1. I simply installed 6.0b1 over 5.4.1 with an rpm
update.

Let me know if there is another LANG variable in the settings if this
was not the one you were asking about.

Tom Malsbury

mherger
2005-03-09, 12:15
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:04:50 -0500, Thomas B. Malsbury <slim (AT) malsbury (DOT) net>
wrote:

> Dan Sully wrote:
>
>> * Thomas B. Malsbury shaped the electrons to say...
>>
>>> I just wanted to report that I am missing some music with 6.0b1. I am
>>> sure there are more then these two, but these are the ones that I just
>>> noticed:
>>
>>
>> Thomas - what is your LC_CTYPE or LANG environment variable set to?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -D
>
> Under "Server Settings" the language is set to English. This is the
> same setting as 5.4.1. I simply installed 6.0b1 over 5.4.1 with an rpm
> update.
>
> Let me know if there is another LANG variable in the settings if this
> was not the one you were asking about.

Dan was talking about the system's (Linux') LC_CTYPE or LANG variable. Do
a "printenv" in the shell to get the values.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Thomas B. Malsbury
2005-03-09, 12:21
Michael Herger wrote:

>>> Dan Sully wrote:
>>>
>>> Thomas - what is your LC_CTYPE or LANG environment variable set to?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
> Dan was talking about the system's (Linux') LC_CTYPE or LANG variable.
> Do a "printenv" in the shell to get the values.

Well in that case it is: LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Tom Malsbury