PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to SlimServer

BNAL
2006-01-05, 07:29
I can not connect to SlimServer on my desktop. I have SB2 with wireless and was able to connect to my wireless router with WEP, but I'm unable to connect to SlimServer. Not sure where to go from here?

slimpy
2006-01-05, 08:17
Is this the initial installation or has your setup worked before?
What OS do you use? For now, I assume it is Windows.
Is Slimserver running? Open the task manager and look for the slimserver process. If it's not running start and see what happens.
Is a firewall software running on your pc that blocks slimserver? Check your firewall settings or disable firewall temporarily.
Have you tried a wired connection? Does this work?
Does the web interface come up when you open a browser window on the pc slimserver is running on and type http://127.0.0.1:9000 in the address bar?
???....
With so little information on hand it could be almost anything. Please provide as much information as possible (OS, slimserver vserion, firewall, router, color of your car, etc.) and I'm sure your problem can be solved.

-s.

BNAL
2006-01-05, 09:30
"Is this the initial installation or has your setup worked before?"

This is the first time I have tried to connect.

"What OS do you use? For now, I assume it is Windows."

Windows XPpro

"Is Slimserver running? Open the task manager and look for the slimserver process. If it's not running start and see what happens."

It is running.

"Is a firewall software running on your pc that blocks slimserver? Check your firewall settings or disable firewall temporarily."

The ports are open and I only have the XP SP2 firewall.

"Have you tried a wired connection? Does this work?"

No

"Does the web interface come up when you open a browser window on the pc slimserver is running on and type http://127.0.0.1:9000 in the address bar?
???...."

Yes amd I can run Softsqueeze 2.2.

I'm using a D-link DL-524.
Slimserver 6.2.2

slimpy
2006-01-05, 09:53
Looks like yet another wireless problem.
Try a wired connection to make sure this is a wireless problem and your firewall is indeed properly configured.
Can you ping the SB from your pc?
If you use dhcp, can you check that the router has actually assigned an IP to the SB? You should be able to see connected clients on one of the router's status pages.
I bet you have tried to power cycle the SB more than once.

-s.

BNAL
2006-01-05, 10:01
The SB2 works when connected via cay5. Now what?

BNAL
2006-01-05, 13:15
Played with it and got it working. Thanks for the help slimpy.