PDA

View Full Version : SB3 thinks it's an SB2 ?

westiebj
2006-01-02, 04:38
Hi
Sorry if this has been covered before but has anyone seen the above ?

I have just received an SB3 wireless for Xmas ( already have a wireless SB1 graphic ) and when the player is powered on it comes up with the SB2 splash screen.

It did a firmware update immediately but still the same.

Apart from that it seems fine. In fact I have to say compared to SB1 it really looks/feels like a quality product and I am well impressed.

I'm using the digital TOSlink out and believe (?) it sounds better too.

Thanks for any help

DJMUK
2006-01-02, 05:41
Hi
Sorry if this has been covered before but has anyone seen the above ?

I have just received an SB3 wireless for Xmas ( already have a wireless SB1 graphic ) and when the player is powered on it comes up with the SB2 splash screen.

It did a firmware update immediately but still the same.

Apart from that it seems fine. In fact I have to say compared to SB1 it really looks/feels like a quality product and I am well impressed.

I'm using the digital TOSlink out and believe (?) it sounds better too.

Thanks for any help

It's nothing to worry about the SB2 and 3 and basically the same internally but just a differnt case.

I am running the latest 6.2 nightly build of SlimServer and the SB3 has Firmware 28. When I power cycle the splash screen only shows 'Squeezebox" without any version number. This was change a while back so maybe you are on an earlier SS/firmware version.

Hope this helps - Just enjoy a wonderful product.

Bruce Hartley
2006-01-02, 15:10
perhaps to clarify.
The firmware update just updates to the firmware that is included with your version of the server.

if you download the latest server (I think 6.2.1 is the latest stable, you will get the latest firmware).

That should give you the Squeezebox splash screen.