PDA

View Full Version : Konfabulator Widget for Slim/Squeeze Control?

twynne
2006-01-01, 13:07
Just a thought, but would it be possible to develop a Konfabulator widget that could display Now Playing info from Slimserver and issue commands to one or more players? I was thinking of something like the Tivo Control widget (http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/view.php?widget=36681).

Any skilled Widget developers that could take this on??

Cheers,

Tom

twynne
2006-01-01, 13:17
Doh - just found an old post about this (should have searched first!) and it seems the last version doesn't work with 6.x server. Does anyone have the 'fixed' version that they could share?

Thanks,

Tom

CardinalFang
2006-01-02, 07:47
Doh - just found an old post about this (should have searched first!) and it seems the last version doesn't work with 6.x server. Does anyone have the 'fixed' version that they could share?

Thanks,

Tom
I don't have the update, but be careful with this widget - I had to remove it because it upset iTunes update installers. It has iTunes in the process name and the iTunes installer looks for any running process with iTunes in before allowing the update to go ahead. Took me ages to find that one out and I ended up damaging my SlimServer install whilst trying to eliminate possibilities...

twynne
2006-01-02, 07:49
Thanks for the reply. Fortunately I don't use iTunes on any of my 'client' PC's. :-)