PDA

View Full Version : Problem with enterine wiki pages

Philip Meyer
2005-12-31, 09:52
I just spent a bit of time entering a new wiki page - SlimServerSupportedTags (linked from BeginnersGuideToTagging). I think I saved the page as I was going on at least 2 occasions.

The text area for entering new pages is really messed up in IE6 for me - after editing a few lines, the right-hand scrollbar dissapears and text doesn't wrap round, making it hard to edit directly in the text area.

Does anyone else have these problems with editing wiki pages? Is there anything that can be done?

Anyway, after the main bulk of editing, I pressed preview to check the layout before committing, but got a "page cannot be displayed" page. I tried a few page refreshes and tried to navigate back, but I lost the edits. However, I thought the intermediate edits that I saved would be there, but the page seems to be completely blank.

Do new pages get moderated before they are visible?

Phil

Michaelwagner
2005-12-31, 12:41
Do new pages get moderated before they are visible?
I don't think so. At least none of mine were, and I'm nothing special to the wiki software.

And moderation wouldn't mess up formatting.

ceejay
2005-12-31, 12:49
A tip, especially if you are creating a new page ... create it off-line, using Notepad or similar! Then you can be sure you won't lose anything.

Copy and paste into the Wiki edit panel - just make sure you have "word wrap" turned OFF in Notepad before you select and copy.

Definitely no moderating.

You could try editing one of the existing pages first - just make a trivial change and see if it goes through for you.

If you're still having trouble, feel free to PM me... I've done quite a bit with the Wiki and managed to make it work for me so far.

Ceejay.

Philip Meyer
2006-01-02, 02:40
>A tip, especially if you are creating a new page ... create it off-line,
>using Notepad or similar! Then you can be sure you won't lose anything.
>
Unfortunately I thought of that after I lost the edits ;)

Will do from now on though!

Phil