PDA

View Full Version : V6 error on start



Neil Sleightholm
2005-03-07, 14:23
Is anyone else getting these errors when they start the slim server:

2005-03-07 21:23:58.5420 SlimServer OSDetect init...
2005-03-07 21:23:58.5423 SlimServer Strings init...
2005-03-07 21:23:58.9876 SlimServer OS Specific init...
2005-03-07 21:23:58.9880 SlimServer settings init...
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 127.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 128.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 129.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 130.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm
line 131.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 131.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 132.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 132.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 135.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 136.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 137.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 138.
2005-03-07 21:23:59.0739 SlimServer setting language...
2005-03-07 21:23:59.0743 SlimServer IR init...
2005-03-07 21:23:59.0858 SlimServer Buttons init...
2005-03-07 21:23:59.0878 SlimServer Graphics init...
2005-03-07 21:23:59.9326 SlimServer starting up...
2005-03-07 21:23:59.9331 SlimServer saving pid file.
2005-03-07 21:23:59.9332 Old SLIMP3 Protocol init...
2005-03-07 21:23:59.9404 Slimproto Init...
2005-03-07 21:23:59.9443 SlimServer HTTP init...
2005-03-07 21:24:00.0933 SlimServer CLI init...
2005-03-07 21:24:00.1375 Source conversion init..
2005-03-07 21:24:00.1520 SlimServer Info init...
2005-03-07 21:24:00.2293 SlimServer MusicFolderScan init...
2005-03-07 21:24:00.2297 SlimServer Plugins init...
Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 99, <DATA> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 101, <DATA> line 1.
ParserFixup: Absolute URL used
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index_choose.shtml)
Parser: Prepending directory to relative URL (yielding:
/radio/aod/radio/)
Parser: Prepending directory to relative URL (yielding:
/radio/aod/radio/aod/noframes.shtml?networks/localradio)
ParserFixup: Absolute URL used
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index_choose.shtml)
2005-03-07 21:24:00.7073 SlimServer persist playlists...
2005-03-07 21:24:00.7079 SlimServer done start...

I think it has started recently but I can't track it down to a
particular nightly. It happens if I run "slim --d_server" or "perl -w
slimserver.pl --d_server".

Neil

kdf
2005-03-07, 14:34
Quoting Neil Sleightholm <neil (AT) x2systems (DOT) com>:

> Is anyone else getting these errors when they start the slim server:
>
> 2005-03-07 21:23:58.5420 SlimServer OSDetect init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:58.5423 SlimServer Strings init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:58.9876 SlimServer OS Specific init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:58.9880 SlimServer settings init...
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 127.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 128.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 129.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 130.
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm
> line 131.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 131.
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 132.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 132.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 135.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 136.
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 137.
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 138.
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.0739 SlimServer setting language...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.0743 SlimServer IR init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.0858 SlimServer Buttons init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.0878 SlimServer Graphics init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.9326 SlimServer starting up...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.9331 SlimServer saving pid file.
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.9332 Old SLIMP3 Protocol init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.9404 Slimproto Init...
> 2005-03-07 21:23:59.9443 SlimServer HTTP init...
> 2005-03-07 21:24:00.0933 SlimServer CLI init...
> 2005-03-07 21:24:00.1375 Source conversion init..
> 2005-03-07 21:24:00.1520 SlimServer Info init...
> 2005-03-07 21:24:00.2293 SlimServer MusicFolderScan init...
> 2005-03-07 21:24:00.2297 SlimServer Plugins init...
> Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 99, <DATA> line 1.
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /PerlApp/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 101, <DATA> line 1.
> ParserFixup: Absolute URL used
> (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index_choose.shtml)
> Parser: Prepending directory to relative URL (yielding:
> /radio/aod/radio/)
> Parser: Prepending directory to relative URL (yielding:
> /radio/aod/radio/aod/noframes.shtml?networks/localradio)
> ParserFixup: Absolute URL used
> (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index_choose.shtml)
> 2005-03-07 21:24:00.7073 SlimServer persist playlists...
> 2005-03-07 21:24:00.7079 SlimServer done start...
>
> I think it has started recently but I can't track it down to a
> particular nightly. It happens if I run "slim --d_server" or "perl -w
> slimserver.pl --d_server".
>
> Neil

is your playlist folder or audio folder setting left blank?

this is due to a recent change to fix paths. In windows, this can then call
certain functions with a blank path and cause these warnings. they are
harmless, and can be fixed by tomorrow.

-kdf

Neil Sleightholm
2005-03-07, 15:05
It is blank but I don't seem to be able to set it! If I manually add
the entry "playlistdir" the problem goes away. Hope this helps to fix
it.

Neil

kdf wrote:

> >
> > Neil
>
> is your playlist folder or audio folder setting left blank?
>
> this is due to a recent change to fix paths. In windows, this can
> then call certain functions with a blank path and cause these
> warnings. they are harmless, and can be fixed by tomorrow.
>
> -kdf

Neil Sleightholm
2005-03-07, 15:09
It is blank but I don't seem to be able to set it! If I manually add
"playlistdir" to the pref file the problem goes way. Hope this helps to
fix it.

Neil

kdf wrote:

> > Neil
>
> is your playlist folder or audio folder setting left blank?
>
> this is due to a recent change to fix paths. In windows, this can
> then call certain functions with a blank path and cause these
> warnings. they are harmless, and can be fixed by tomorrow.
>
> -kdf

kdf
2005-03-07, 15:54
Quoting Neil Sleightholm <neil (AT) x2systems (DOT) com>:

> It is blank but I don't seem to be able to set it! If I manually add
> the entry "playlistdir" the problem goes away. Hope this helps to fix
> it.
>
>
nto sure what is going on here. Its a CPAN module complaining about an undef
variable. As far as I can tell, these variables have always been possible to
have empty. Why it is suddenly starting to complain, I'm at a loss to say.

-kdf

Robert Moser
2005-03-07, 16:09
kdf wrote:
> Quoting Neil Sleightholm <neil (AT) x2systems (DOT) com>:
>
>
>>It is blank but I don't seem to be able to set it! If I manually add
>>the entry "playlistdir" the problem goes away. Hope this helps to fix
>>it.
>>
>>
>
> nto sure what is going on here. Its a CPAN module complaining about an undef
> variable. As far as I can tell, these variables have always been possible to
> have empty. Why it is suddenly starting to complain, I'm at a loss to say.
>
> -kdf

Looks like it is canonpath(), which I just added a little bit ago, which
is doing the squawking. I can silence this.

kdf
2005-03-07, 16:19
Quoting Robert Moser <rlmoser (AT) comcast (DOT) net>:

> kdf wrote:
> > Quoting Neil Sleightholm <neil (AT) x2systems (DOT) com>:
> >
> >
> >>It is blank but I don't seem to be able to set it! If I manually add
> >>the entry "playlistdir" the problem goes away. Hope this helps to fix
> >>it.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > nto sure what is going on here. Its a CPAN module complaining about an
> undef
> > variable. As far as I can tell, these variables have always been possible
> to
> > have empty. Why it is suddenly starting to complain, I'm at a loss to say.
> >
> > -kdf
>
> Looks like it is canonpath(), which I just added a little bit ago, which
> is doing the squawking. I can silence this.

yes, that is one of them. ShoutcastBrowser seems to also cause one when there
is a blank playlist folder setting, as well a a few catdir calls from iTunes.

-kdf

Robert Moser
2005-03-07, 16:45
kdf wrote:
> Quoting Robert Moser <rlmoser (AT) comcast (DOT) net>:
>>Looks like it is canonpath(), which I just added a little bit ago, which
>>is doing the squawking. I can silence this.
> yes, that is one of them. ShoutcastBrowser seems to also cause one when there
> is a blank playlist folder setting, as well a a few catdir calls from iTunes.

I've got it now, Win32::GetLongPathName returns undef if the directory
doesn't exist, which happens when SlimServer tries to use the default
playlistdir under Windows ($Bin\Playlists), since we don't create it.

I just checked in a change to protect canonpath from undef, as well as
replacing them with an empty string.

Neil Sleightholm
2005-03-08, 06:00
Thanks for the prompt responses to this issue.

Did anyone see the secondary problem where I couldn't actually save the
the playlist folder location? (Assuming it was secondary.)

Neil

Robert Moser
2005-03-08, 08:05
Neil Sleightholm wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt responses to this issue.
>
> Did anyone see the secondary problem where I couldn't actually save the
> the playlist folder location? (Assuming it was secondary.)
>
> Neil

Were you restarting immediately after changing the setting? There is a
30 second delay (default) before the preferences actually get written
out. Also, if the specified playlist doesn't exist, it won't take the
entry.

Neil Sleightholm
2005-03-08, 10:19
I think the delay was probably catching me out. I'll try again.

Neil

Robert Moser wrote:

> Neil Sleightholm wrote:
> > Thanks for the prompt responses to this issue.
> >
> > Did anyone see the secondary problem where I couldn't actually save
> > the the playlist folder location? (Assuming it was secondary.)
> >
> > Neil
>
> Were you restarting immediately after changing the setting? There is
> a 30 second delay (default) before the preferences actually get
> written out. Also, if the specified playlist doesn't exist, it won't
> take the entry.