PDA

View Full Version : browse genre - album (instead of genre - artist)

Pulpeet
2005-12-26, 17:27
I've installed SlimServer. And I'm very glad with it. Now I can listen to my music collection from everywhere I want.

There is one little wish I have. When choosing "Browse Genres" and then choosing a genre, I get a list of artists. Is it also possible to get a list of albums instead of a list of artists? When browsing jazz or popular music, a list of artists is fine, but when browsing classical music, a list of albums titles provides much more information.

MrC
2005-12-26, 18:10
Select the "All Albums" link at the top of the list after you've selected your genre.

ceejay
2005-12-27, 01:39
I've installed SlimServer. And I'm very glad with it. Now I can listen to my music collection from everywhere I want.

There is one little wish I have. When choosing "Browse Genres" and then choosing a genre, I get a list of artists. Is it also possible to get a list of albums instead of a list of artists? When browsing jazz or popular music, a list of artists is fine, but when browsing classical music, a list of albums titles provides much more information.

While MrC has indeed answered your question, you might also want to stop to think about what you are putting in your "Artist" tag for Classical music.

Have a look at http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?BeginnersGuideToClassical for a few suggestions.

Using this scheme, Browsing Genre then Artist works quite well for me, mostly... notwithstanding the enhancement requests I have posted for making things better for classical users!

HTH

Ceejay.

Pulpeet
2005-12-27, 05:12
Thanks for the replies.
That was pretty obvious. I simply overlooked it.

Also thanks for the recommendations for tagging.