PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Libraries

TimB
2005-12-25, 16:58
I setup my new SB3 with no problems! Very easy and straightforward.

My only question, right now, is if SlimServer can work with two libraries on different drives?

Thanks! :)

-=Tim=-

mrfantasy
2005-12-25, 17:27
Yes, if your SlimServer OS supports symbolic links, shortcuts, or mountpoints (which is everything that SlimServer runs on that I can think of, Windows, Linux, or MacOS). Just create a directory where the shortcuts, links, or mountpoints are and point SlimServer at that.

TimB
2005-12-25, 18:58
Yes, if your SlimServer OS supports symbolic links, shortcuts, or mountpoints (which is everything that SlimServer runs on that I can think of, Windows, Linux, or MacOS). Just create a directory where the shortcuts, links, or mountpoints are and point SlimServer at that.Thanks! How would I do this in Windows XP?

-=Tim=-

ceejay
2005-12-26, 00:55
Thanks! How would I do this in Windows XP?

-=Tim=-

In Windows Explorer, first create a single directory somewhere that Slimserver is to be pointed at for its library.

Then for each of your music directories, navigate to the level above each one so that you can see the directory itself as a folder on the right hand pane of Explorer, right click it, Create shortcut. Then drag the shortcut to the directory you created in step one.

If either of these locations is a network drive instead of a local one, you will need to do more - see the troubleshooting section of the Owners Guide ("Mapped network drive")

Ceejay

TimB
2005-12-26, 07:23
In Windows Explorer, first create a single directory somewhere that Slimserver is to be pointed at for its library.

Then for each of your music directories, navigate to the level above each one so that you can see the directory itself as a folder on the right hand pane of Explorer, right click it, Create shortcut. Then drag the shortcut to the directory you created in step one.

If either of these locations is a network drive instead of a local one, you will need to do more - see the troubleshooting section of the Owners Guide ("Mapped network drive")

CeejayOh THOSE kind of shortcuts, sorry I'm so dense. :)

It is a local drive, I'll try it out.

-=Tim=-