PDA

View Full Version : And what did santa bring you this morning?

ceejay
2005-12-25, 06:42
A few people here have mentioned getting new SB3s... hope you are enjoying them!

Here we seem to have had a large number of CDs in our stockings - 12 altogther in the house, 7 of them for me!

The history of the bonzos (double), Kate Bush's new Aerial (double) and The Remains of tom Lehrer (treble).

So the first thing to do was to get ripping!

BTW, in case any of those berks from the RIAA are watching, this is what happens when we start using Squeezeboxes - we buy MORE CDs, not less!

What else have people been enjoying today?

Ceejay

Kyle
2005-12-25, 07:04
Got my SB3 2 weeks ago. Ripping a new CD right now -- Pearl Legacy Edition by Janis Joplin. First Cd opened so far.

Michaelwagner
2005-12-25, 08:32
I got mine a few weeks ago (birthday, not xmas).

Is the Tom Lehrer old material rereleased or new material?

ceejay
2005-12-25, 09:00
Is the Tom Lehrer old material rereleased or new material?

Nearly all of it the very old stuff. Just a few items recorded in the 90's. I had it on LP, then transcribed to MD, now I have nice clean material I have already put into slimserver...

Ceejay

Michaelwagner
2005-12-25, 09:25
From that great repository of info, the wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lehrer

In 2000, a CD box set, The Remains of Tom Lehrer, was released by Rhino Entertainment. It included live and studio versions of his first two albums, That Was The Year That Was, the songs he wrote for The Electric Company, and some previously unreleased material, accompanied by a booklet containing an introduction by Dr. Demento and lyrics to all the songs.

Life and learn. I thought I had all of Tom Lehrer that was released on CD. Gotta find it. Thanks, guys.

Steve Bernard, Jr
2005-12-25, 10:36
On 12/25/05, ceejay <ceejay.20lm5b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> Here we seem to have had a large number of CDs in our stockings - 12
> altogther in the house, 7 of them for me!
>
> The history of the bonzos (double), Kate Bush's new Aerial (double) and
> The Remains of tom Lehrer (treble).
>
> So the first thing to do was to get ripping!

Here my wife got me the Complete Motown Singles vol.2 and vol. 3 (she
got me the first volume for my birthday in May) from
http://www.hip-oselect.com/ . Volume 2 is 4 discs, and Volume 3 is 5,
so I've got the same number of discs to rip as you, looks like.

It's possible I'll make the move to an SB3 after tax season, but we'll
see. Hard to convince my wife we should trade up when from her
perspective the SB1 is Just Fine.

-Steve

Michaelwagner
2005-12-25, 11:00
Well, we already owned these but I'm spending the day ripping Xmas cds so when we start using Slims in my girlfriends spa this week, we'll have Xmas music (seems to stretch to new years).

biomech
2005-12-25, 13:26
Santa brought me a black SB3 and I couldn't be happier. I've been playing all day and I just love it. I'm sure my brother and friends will pick one up once they see mine.