PDA

View Full Version : AlienBBC - can get some things, but not BBC radio programs

JinIbiza
2005-12-24, 11:27
I have installed AlienBBC zipv1.00 files as instructed into the "server" directory and done everything else on the instruction page. I can access the BBC podcasts and Virgin radio through Alien BBC, but I cannot get any BBC radio station to play. Same with the Listen Again content.
I can see all the station names and when I select one, I see a message that it is connecting, b ut nothing happens.
Can anyone help me please. I have tried looking through these forums for help but haven't found anything specific to my problem. I have Slimserver v 6.2. I notice that for v6.5 and above AlienBBC v1.0a is required.

bpa
2005-12-24, 13:19
Soiunds like Mplayer is not working.

Have you run the Mplayer standalone test ?

JinIbiza
2005-12-24, 14:03
I have tried, although I'm not sure I've suceeded! When I run "C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\mplayer.exe" I get the small black box and as soon as text is on the screen, the box closes, so I don't know whether mplayer is working or not.

bpa
2005-12-24, 14:43
1. You must open a dos box first. Then run the Mplayer command - that way it will stay open.
2. You must supply parameters as shown below to select what to play.

The following is taken from the ALienBBC installation instructions. This test requies that you open a Dos box. If it works you will hear BBC R4 on your PC speakers.

To check mplayer is installed correctly run: "C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\mplayer.exe" -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0:sc,resample=44100:0:1 -playlist http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.rpm
(This should be all on a single line.)

bpa
2005-12-24, 15:35
Earlier you said you couldn't find any threads with similar problem. The 3rd party plugins forum has lots of threads - below is one of the recent one which sounds similar to your problem - it may be useful to review it as I expect the forums will be quiet over th enext few days.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19095