PDA

View Full Version : Yet another (wireless) success story

Sir G
2005-12-24, 07:57
I've had the SB3 running through Ethernet in my office for a couple of weeks now. I received my wi-fi router only yesterday, got it to work, then tried to connect the SB3 wireless in the living room. I was online in seconds, don't even know how. Fantastic. And my wife thinks it cute. You made my day.

Thank you to all at Slim and a very happy Xmas to you and all forum members.

I will now unpack the second SB3, hoping it's as straightforward :)

LavaJoe
2005-12-24, 08:15
I've had the SB3 running through Ethernet in my office for a couple of weeks now. I received my wi-fi router only yesterday, got it to work, then tried to connect the SB3 wireless in the living room. I was online in seconds, don't even know how. Fantastic. And my wife thinks it cute. You made my day.

Thank you to all at Slim and a very happy Xmas to you and all forum members.

I will now unpack the second SB3, hoping it's as straightforward :)

Nice to hear of your success! One thing to think about, though: if you did not have to enter a WEP or WPA code (and it sounds like you didn't have to do anything special like this), then your wireless network is probably open to the public (often the default with wireless routers out of the box). I'd strongly advise setting up some security.

Sir G
2005-12-24, 09:03
Oh I did enter a WEP code when prompted to do so. So I guess I'm OK security-wise.

LavaJoe
2005-12-24, 16:48
Oh I did enter a WEP code when prompted to do so. So I guess I'm OK security-wise.

Cool - yeah, having a code (WEP or otherwise) goes a long way in making you secure - keeps the casual snoopers out. Some will say WEP isn't secure, and sure, real hackers sitting outside your house collecting a lot of your network traffic could crack it, but that's unlikely, I think.