PDA

View Full Version : MoodLogic Problem

PeterBorner
2005-12-24, 02:47
Hi,

I'm new to SlimServer but I have to say that I'm totally impressed! I have SlimServer running with MoodLogic enabled (I have 41K tracks activated so far in MoodLogic -- about 50% of my library). I am experiencing a couple of problems:

1) The reported number of tracks appears to be double the actual number of tracks. Investigation shows that the tracks are counted from both the MoodLogic database and the disk folder holding the mp3 files. Is this normal behaviour?

2) In the SlimServer interface, if I browse artists then click on the MoodLogic icon next to an artist I am taken to Home/Select Mood as expected. However, I see ARRAY(0x4393b3c) rather than a list of moods. Does anyone have any ideas? It is interesting to note that using SoftSqueeze on a remote PC seems to work fine (it presents me with a list of moods and provides a mix as expected.)

I'd appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks

Peter Borner

dalerb
2006-01-06, 21:28
I have exactly this same issue. Does no one know how to rectify it?

kdf
2006-01-06, 21:59
ok, so here is how this goes....

What server version are you using?
If the answer is 6.2.1, try the nightly build of 6.2.2 found here:
http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/

if you feel a bit braver, try the nightly for 6.5 (bit experimental,
with new features).

i believe at least the ARRAY(... issue is cleared up in 6.2.2

-kdf

ajmitchell
2006-01-07, 04:05
Hi Peter,

Thats one large collection you have there. Personally I try and only rip and keep good tracks and even with 6k, I have 1k that I have not listened to in at least a year (according to itunes). Getting musicmatch to process 41k must have taken a little while ;)

alex

PeterBorner
2006-01-07, 14:19
Thanks, upgrading to 6.2.2 fixed the Moodlogic problem.

Any thoughts on my other issue where I appear to have two copies of every track? I believe this is due to the server counting the tracks in my music directory and then re-counting the in my MoodLogic database.

PeterBorner
2006-01-07, 14:24
Hi Peter,

Thats one large collection you have there. Personally I try and only rip and keep good tracks and even with 6k, I have 1k that I have not listened to in at least a year (according to itunes). Getting musicmatch to process 41k must have taken a little while ;)

alex

It took about 18 hours for MoodLogic to process the tracks. Not to long considering! I've still got lots of tracks I hardly ever listen to but, because there is always music playing somewhere in the house, we have listened to every track at least once! MoodLogic is really useful for selecting tracks to suit the occassion/mood.

Peter

kdf
2006-01-07, 14:33
On 7-Jan-06, at 1:19 PM, PeterBorner wrote:

>
> Thanks, upgrading to 6.2.2 fixed the Moodlogic problem.
>
> Any thoughts on my other issue where I appear to have two copies of
> every track? I believe this is due to the server counting the tracks in
> my music directory and then re-counting the in my MoodLogic database.
>
it is just the count, or are you actually seeing duplicate tracks in
the listings?
-k

PeterBorner
2006-01-07, 14:55
I'm seeing a double count and a duplicate tracks. I've tried clearing the database and re-scanning but still have the same problem.

PeterBorner
2006-01-08, 15:47
I'm seeing a double count and a duplicate tracks. I've tried clearing the database and re-scanning but still have the same problem.

I figured this out!

I had both the music directory and the MoodLogic database loaded and scanned. I removed the music directory setting, cleared the database and rescanned... correct number of tracks and no duplicates.