PDA

View Full Version : SB3 Wont play FLAC Images with CUE files

autopilot
2005-12-20, 07:40
I have some albums ripped (Using EAC) to FLAC images, with a CUE file.

I.e. MYALBUM.CUE and MYALBUM.FLAC

They play fine in Foobar2000 and SB3 reads the cue and track info from them, however, when i try and play a track back it just says "Cant open file for".

I thought the SB3 fully supported CUE sheet files and FLAC, so is it a slimserver issue or is it a problem with my files?

This is my favourute way of ripping my CD's, i hope i can play them on my SB3!

BTW, this is with WinXP home SP2 - SB3 - Slimserver 6.2.1

adhawkins
2005-12-20, 08:04
Hi,

In article <dangerous_dom.20cfcz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>,
dangerous_dom<dangerous_dom.20cfcz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
> I have some albums ripped (Using EAC) to FLAC images, with a CUE file.
>
> I.e. MYALBUM.CUE and MYALBUM.FLAC
>
> They play fine in Foobar2000 and SB3 reads the cue and track info from
> them, however, when i try and play a track back it just says "Cant open
> file for".

I rip my CDs to flac with an embedded cue sheet, and my SB2 plays them fine.
What version of SlimServer are you using?

Andy

Skip Pa k
2005-12-20, 09:08
In my case I have the CUE file with individual wav files.
Same message. I thought that a single, multi-song wav
file might be the answer, but your experience suggests not.

gharris999
2005-12-20, 10:02
You might try checking the "FILE" entry in your cue files. Older versions of EAC just put in:

FILE "cdimage.wav" WAVE

no matter what the actual image file was that EAC spit out. The newest version of EAC puts in the correct entry.

Iíve got a whole suite of tools (win32) Iíve put together for managing cue sheets for flac files. Mostly, they consist of a utility, fixcue, that I wrote to "regularize" my cuesheets along with a series of batch files to embed the cues in the flac files. Iím having no problems playing these files in Slimserver 622 or 65 at the moment. Let me know if you are interested in the tools and Iíll post a link.

autopilot
2005-12-20, 10:18
The FILE part of the Cue sheet is fine, like i said they play fine in foobar2000

I will be very annoyed if the SB3 cant cope, this was a major selling feature for me. :(

Skip Pa k
2005-12-20, 11:19
As I'm converting a lot of existing wav files that I
don't want to rerip in EAC, the tools mentioned by
gharris999 would be most welcome.

thanks.

autopilot
2005-12-20, 12:51
Ok, it wont work with MP3 images too. What do i need to do to get these CUE files working, and aviod this again when i am ripping other CD's?

gharris999
2005-12-20, 21:55
OK, here are my cue sheet and flac embedding tools. The special version of metaflac included came from a mod made by auroix on the hydrogenaudio forum. See: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=38352