PDA

View Full Version : At my wits end..

cydian
2005-12-19, 20:21
I'm about to give up on this program as a lost cause, maybe someone can help, but the lack of documentation is really profound...

I've installed slimserver and pointed it to my music files and I can play the music.

I then created a play list (.m3u), created a directory in my music folder, put the playlist in that folder and pointed slimserver (via the server settings playlist folder) to that directory.
Yet if I do a browse playlists, it finds nothing ( I can play the playlist in winamp so I know it is ok).
Why? I can't really be sure it is looking in the right place as the program does NOT show where it is looking, all it has is the setting..but at any rate, it will not show any playlists......

If I browse the music folder (in slimserver) I can tell it to "add songs to the playlist" and they will play. but where is that playlist? how can I save it? It is nowhere that I can find, certainly it is not in the playlist folder I set up.....What is the name of that default playlist? no where does it tell me any info at all...it just leaves me to guess.

I have about 6000 songs in my collection, if I just add the music to the non existant 'default playlist' and select randomize the songs, I find that I am hearing the same songs over and over and over..the random function does not seem to be very random.

I'm about to give up and find something else unless someone can shed some light on this very undocumented program..

any help to be had?

radish
2005-12-19, 20:53
I then created a play list (.m3u), created a directory in my music folder, put the playlist in that folder and pointed slimserver (via the server settings playlist folder) to that directory.
Did you rescan?

how can I save it?
Click the button which says "Save" right above the playlist.

ezkcdude
2005-12-19, 21:35
Just tried it myself. Apparently scanning for new playlists doesn't work, but scanning the entire library does (although this takes much longer).

kdf
2005-12-19, 23:37
On 19-Dec-05, at 7:21 PM, cydian wrote:

>
> I'm about to give up on this program as a lost cause, maybe someone can
> help, but the lack of documentation is really profound...
>
http://wiki.slimdevices.com

>
> If I browse the music folder (in slimserver) I can tell it to "add
> songs to the playlist" and they will play. but where is that playlist?
> how can I save it?

use the 'save' link at the top of the current playlist.
you can set the folder in server settings.

-kdf

ceejay
2005-12-20, 10:39
Just tried it myself. Apparently scanning for new playlists doesn't work, but scanning the entire library does (although this takes much longer).

? Works for me. Just tried making a simple M3U, put it in the playlist directory, told slimserver to rescan playlists only, it showed up and worked.

I'm using "6.2.1 - 5226" on Win XP SP2.

Ceejay